Chapter 8

Hunter's POV:

Lexi's gone. She left early this morning? I....I didn't get to say goodbye. & it's all my fault. She left that voicemail, I never called back. She must've been hurt. I had no idea what to say, & I let a week go by without saying anything. Now she's gone, just like that. 

Now I sit on my bed, staring at my phone. Should I call her? It's 1 pm here, so it's only 2 there right? 

I still don't know what to say. She is surely wondering why I haven't talked to her about this. In the call she said she would move in a week, which she did so I knew when she would leave. Ugh how could I be so stupid? I let the only girl I've ever loved leave. 

I feel my phone vibrate, & look to see Bailey calling. I don't pick up. She is a horrible girl, & maybe now that Lexi is gone I can be finished with Bailey? I mean, if she releases that blackmail how would it hurt her all the way from Florida? 

Unless she sees it on the internet...this situation is hopeless. I listen to my voicemail, since Bailey just left 1. 

"Hey babe, just wanted to see what you were up to. Miss ya. Call back when you can boo." I cringe. How she doesn't know I can't stand her is beyond me. 

I go to the living room & tell my parents I'm going to my other home in Nashville to work on my music. We say our goodbyes, then I leave. I don't have anything more here anymore.

Lexi's POV:

I walk down the streets of Miami. So far I have to say, this place is awesome! There's a lot of stores & tall buildings. My mind drifts off to when I was hanging out with Dillon. He's obviously a big flirt. He had to go back to work, then I got to meet his dad, the owner of the apartment building. He seemed cool. So I signed a few papers, now I have an apartment. I didn't think I would ever leave Breaux Bridge to be honest, so this is...scary. I don't know anyone, well I know Dillon now, but still, I don't know him that much. 

I find myself headed to the beach. Oh my gosh it's incredible! There's a lot of people obviously, but despite that, wow. Just wow. 

I walk onto the sand, smiling at the scene. There are girls sun tanning, some people playing volleyball, while others are in the water. Oh, the water is stunning. 

-------------------------------------------------------------------- 

I lie on my plain uncovered bed. It's now 8:00 pm. All my bed stuff is in the U-Haul truck. I should've been smart enough to at least put a blanket in my bag I brought, but I wasn't thinking. 

I have to start work tomorrow. I really hope the staff over here is just as nice. 

Leaving my bedroom door open, I can hear a knock on the door of the apartment. Curiously, I get up & walk over to it. 

"Dillon?" I question as I see him standing there, now out of his work uniform. He's wearing an extremely tight white shirt, that shows off his biceps. Oh my. & he's also in skinny jeans. Boy do I feel out of place in my Tweety Bird tee shirt, & baggy jeans. 

"Hey Lexi. I figured since you don't have anything here, that you would like to come to my place & watch a movie with me?" 

"Sure," I smile. Soon enough, we're watching some horror movie in his apartment. I find myself hiding my face in my hands just in the 1st 30 minutes. Somehow, I end up in Dillon's arms, hiding my face in his chest at the scariest times. 

"Living dolls just aren't natural," I mumble. I feel his chest vibrate as he laughs lightly, while stroking my hair to keep me calm. This feels as right as can be.