Chapter 39

Lexi's POV:

I sigh as I flip a page to the latest hollywood magazine. Currently I'm stuck in bed at 12:30 in the afternoon, bored. Kristy had to leave straight thing this morning to get her cast off then go to work, & there's a new person arriving to live in an apartment so he has Dillon busy. 

Shutting my eyes, I lean my head back against the hard, wooden head board of my bed. No one thinks about how much they want to be at work til they're stuck home with an injury, with nothing to do. 

Thoughts begin to fill my head, like suds in a bubble bath. What if the two men know that Kristy & Dillon aren't here? Will they break in & kill me? 

Against my own will, I tremble at the thought. Dillon should be at the front desk, waiting for the new apartment renter to come but it's always possible for them to sneak in somehow. 

I don't understand what I've done wrong to deserve this. Maybe they are just, well, jealous of my relationship with Hunter? I don't know how to explain it, but they seem to be leaving Hunter alone, so they must like him enough. 

All thoughts get pushed away as I hear a door shut. My eyes widen as my ears surely perk up at the sudden noise in my supposedly empty apartment. 

"Hello?" I ask as I feel my heart race inside my chest. There's no reply, but the footsteps grow louder as they near my bedroom. "Dillon? Is that you?" Momentarily, the click clacks of whoever's shoes silence, probably near my door at this point. Not knowing what to expect, I grab the alarm clock from the bedside table so I'm not left defenseless. 

They say that time heals all wounds. I'm ready to prove against that theory. 

A head of spiked golden hair comes into view, making a scream escape my lips. 

A scream of delight. 

"Hunter?!" I gasp, holding a hand to my chest as I try to get the air flowing in my lungs again. He grins, his eyebrows scrunched as he looks at my bewildered expression. 

"I didn't scare you, did I?" His expression quickly gives away guilt as he walks further into the room towards me. "I'm sorry." 

"I just didn't know who'd you be," I admit, giving him a small smile while I set my clock back down. 

"I understand completely." 

"I can't believe you're here!" A grin breaks out on my face as I look at the man I've missed terribly. It falters when I spot my cast, realizing that these aren't the best circumstances. "What if the guys see you've come?" 

"Screw them. You're coming with me on tour for two weeks," he beams. My mouth drops as his words sink in. 

"Me?" 

"You." 

"What about my leg?" 

"I'll carry you," he says confidently. 

"Are you sure it's a good idea? We should probably get permission from the police first because of everything that's happened." 

"Taking you with me is the best idea I've had." Automatically, my lips twist upward into a smile, which makes his do the same. "As far as the police goes, we'll take care of them. For now," he says as he takes his hand in mine, intertwining our fingers. "I just want to love you in peace." That's when our lips meet, & well, let's just say the moment gets heated up fast.

*There's your valentines day gift, from me to you. HUNTER HAS RETURNED! <3 Wasn't even planning on that til I realized there should be something special for today for you guys (; (: xx*