Chapter 49

Dillon's POV:

I try to collect as much air in my lungs as I sit on top of Jason, pushing his head to the floor to keep him there.

"Call the cops," I demand, watching Kristy through the corner of my eye. She sits on the floor against the wall, looking petrified at us as I notice the stream of blood swim down her eyebrow. "Kristy, do as I say, quick." Jason's body struggles from underneith me, & I know it's a matter of time before he gets out. I can already feel the swelling on my face from when he hit me numerous times. She shakes her head to herself before she pulls out her cell phone & dials the number.

"Yes, hello.." I turn my attention back to the scum beneith me as he continues to fight me off.

*Earlier*

"I'm going over to see her anyway, I'll just tell her then."

"Alright, thanks Dillon," Lexi says from the other side of the phone line. "I'll leave ya to it, then."

"Alright, talk to you later." I press the 'end call' button before sliding my phone closed & putting it in my jeans pocket. Making sure I have my keys in my pocket, I start to walk out the front door to go outside.

Once inside the comfort of my car, I put my key in & start it up. I'm a bit nervous to go talk to Kristy about her relationship with Jason. Afterall, it's HER relationship & I'm positive that she'll point that out. But I can't stand by & let her be in that kind of situation.

I turn the radio on to lessen my nerves, a small grin making it's way on my face as one of my favorite songs come on, 'I don't want to miss a thing' by Aerosmith. I hum along as I drive down the busy highway towards Kristy's apartment complex.

About 10 minutes later I'm stoped at a redlight. I tap my fingers on the wheel as I take in my surroundings. It's a chilly day, but as usual the streets in Miami have plenty of people. After admiring a golden retriever (& maybe the cute babe holding it's leash) I bring my attention to the people crossing the street. A woman who's got dark black hair with an almost purple tint as the sun hits it, an older but short man with greying hair, a few young guys, & then a face that's all too familiar. My grip on the stering wheel tightens as I watch Jason walk by, his hands carelessly held in his front pockets. The urge to step my foot onto the pedal gets too strong, but I have to hold back because of that old man beside him.

My narrowed eyes watch him walk away before I look up at the green light. Driving away, I mutter things mindlessly against him. At least he's here & not with Kristy.

I park the car in front of her complex, taking one final breath. Here goes nothing. I step out of the car & into the cool November air. Walking up to her door, I push all thoughts of how this all could go wrong aside & raise my fist to knock.

After a long moment, she pops her head out.

"Oh, hey," she smiles, although I know it isn't real. Ever since I found out about her ever so loving boyfriend I realized which smiles are forced & which are completely natural.

"Hey. We should talk." She opens the door wider so I walk in, her face unchanging. I sit down on the couch before she shuts the door behind her. "So, what's on your mind?"

"You are." I feel my own face heat up as I notice her cheeks pinken. Clearing my throat, I bring back eye contact. "I mean, uh, you shouldn't be with him, Kristy. You have to face that he isn't the same guy you fell in love with. You have to move on." I stand up from my spot on the couch. She snorts, rolling her eyes as if I just said the stupidest thing on the earth.

"Move on? How the hell do you suppose that I can move on when I'm scared of every guy I meet? Who wants to even bother with a girl like that anyway?" Her voice cracks towards the end, making my chest hurt. I take a few steps towards her, noticing that her eyes remained trained on mine.

"Kristy.." I trail off as I find myself getting closer to her.

"What?" She glares at me, & I can't thelp but remember when we 1st met. Her glares were icy & hard. Now, I feel them thawing out. Taking a few steps closer, I give her just enough space so she won't freak out or anything.

"Are you scared of me?" Her light blue eyes widen. She opens her mouth a couple of times like she's going to say something, but stops herself. "I don't think you're scared of me.. you're just scared because you aren't. I think it worries you how comfortable you are around me." She stiffens, her eyes back to glaring at me. But the thing that lights the spark of hope inside me is that they're still not cold.

"You just think you have it all figured out, don't you? Think you have ME figured out. Well you don't, so back off."

"I'll back off when you let him go."

"Don't tell me what to do," she says through clentched teeth as she crosses her arms over her chest.

"Kristy... please. You don't know how horrible it is to sit back & let someone hurt you. You don't deserve that."

"I'm sorry things are so horrible for you," she laughs bitterly.

"Just... just leave him," I whisper as my hand reaches for hers. Her eyes travel down to it, & her hand trembles but I pull it out of it's crossed arm position anyway. She gulps, wanting to pull away but I know she wants someone to be there for her. "You can stay over at my place or Lexi's if you want to stay there til you figure out what you'll do, or say."

"Dillon..." she whispers. "I don't know if-" She's interupted when the door suddenly opens, revealing Jason.He looks at us both shocked, & I feel my hand pull out of hers. Looking him over, I've come to the conclusion that he's perfectly sober.

"What the hell?!" His fists clentch at his side, & his nose twitches viciously.

"Jason, it isn't how it seems..." Kristy explains, taking a few steps back. He storms over, & before I can even have time to think he swings & lands a punch straight at my mouth. I stumble backwards, my hand going up to feel for any damage. Without warning, I feel another blow land me in the eye. My eyes shut as pain overwhelms me in two different places of my face. "Dillon!" Kristy calls, worry lacing her tone. I peek my unharmed eye open to see that she's run up closer, but Jason stands between us. She struggles to get through but he fights against her.

A sudden slapping sound makes me narrow my eyes in anger. Kristy has taken a step back from him, blood slowly starting to drizzle out right above her forehead. She doesn't look at all shocked.

I run over & without second thought tackle Jason to the floor. My fingers clutch his hair tightly, pushing him against the floor as I awkwardly sit atop of him.

I try to collect as much air in my lungs as I sit on top of Jason, pushing his head to the floor to keep him there.

"Call the cops," I demand, watching Kristy through the corner of my eye. She sits on the floor against the wall, looking petrified at us as I notice the stream of blood swim down her eyebrow. "Kristy, do as I say, quick." Jason's body struggles from underneith me, & I know it's a matter of time before he gets out. I can already feel the swelling on my face from when he hit me numerous times. She shakes her head to herself before she pulls out her cell phone & dials the number.

"Yes, hello.." I turn my attention back to the scum beneith me as he continues to fight me off.

Bringing my face down lower, I begin speaking in a hushed tone.

"Get ready, everything's about to change."

*So I'm starting a new story if anybody's interested. Probably gonna be called 'Every Hit'. I'll describe more in the next chapter :)*