Chapter 33

I remember them putting me in the car, after being carried bridal style after my little squeal. I have no clue how long it was, maybe like 15 minutes, til we finally stopped. 

Someone just shoved me against what feels like a tree. I can feel someone untying the bandana around my mouth, & the moment I feel it gone I'm ready to start screaming til a voice stops me. 

"We're miles from civilization, so save your breath Princess." It's suddenly dawned on me that this deep voice sounds way too familiar.. 

"Can I ask why you've kidnapped me?" I ask quietly. 

"We're going to rape you, duh," the other voice says, also sounding familiar. Then his words sink in, but he was obviously being sarcastic. At least, I hope to God. 

"Right," I respond dryly. I take the time to let the hands that are tied behind my back feel the tree's rough bark. 

"You, sweetheart, are going to call your boyfriend & break up with him." 

"Is that so?" Nervousness sinks in when I feel his gloved hand stroke my cheek. It feels like rough leather. 

"Yeah. I would advise you to," the other says. "We know a lot about you. Where you & your family lives, & who your friends are. It wouldn't be smart to argue here." All air escapes my lungs. No matter how hard I fight to breathe, it just won't find it's way in. My knees start to buckle underneath me, & I know I could fall down any moment. 

"Why uh," I begin, sweat starting to trickle down my forehead. "Why do I have to break up with him?" 

"Because we said so," the rougher voice speaks up. "Now here, I just dialed his number from your phone." I feel my phone rub against my cheek, & can hear the ringing. I have to make a plan, & quick. Break Hunter's heart, or possibly kill a loved one? 

Since when does this sort of thing happen in real life? & to me of all the average joe's out there! 

"Hey babe?" Hunter's sweet voice questions from the phone. That's when I realize, that even if I don't break up with him, they can't let me live anyway. If they kill someone I care about, what will happen when I do recognize their voices? It's too much of a risk for them to let me go. 

"Hey," I say weakly, my knees still trembling.

"What's wrong?" Here we go. 

"I just want you to know, that I love you." Tears form in my eyes, but I won't let them fall. I don't know if I'll make it, but it doesn't matter. I won't break his heart. 

"I love you too but what's wrong?" His voice is more stern, as he realizes something is wrong here. Completely, completely wrong. He wouldn't be wrong to think that. 

"Nothing. I just wanted you to know that, that's all," I say more confidently, despite the fact that I can just FEEL the glares being shot at me right now. The phone is snatched away, & I can hear it as it's thrown hard at a tree & crumbles. 

"Why did you do that?!" He yells at me. Finally, I find myself forcing all strength in my knees. 

"Dude do you know how much I saved up for that phone?" I joke, trying to lighten the situation for myself. Instead, I find myself gasping when I feel a hand slap me so hard in the face, leaving a sharp pain. 

"I don't care," he hisses. 

"Aren't you supposed to be smart?" The other voice asks. "Will nothing make you break up with this guy?" I just turn in the direction of his voice , my lips in a tight line. 

"I'm going to go call the boss, see what he wants us to do now," the rough voice says, & I can vaguely hear his footsteps as he walks away. 

"Why are you doing this?" I ask, my head bowing down in knowing defeat. If I live past this hour, I'll have to do my bucket list that I've never gotten to. I feel his gloved hand stroke my cheek rather gently for a kidnapper. 

"Ah, but if I told you that then we'd have to kill you." Swallowing a lump down my throat, I try to think of what face goes with this voice. It's times like this when I wish I didn't have a job where I have to hear so many different voices..

That's when I feel it. There's a sharp piece of bark coming off of the tree behind me. But the question is, is it sharp enough to cut the thick bandana binding my wrists? I begin trying though, knowing it's my last hope of escaping. 

"So, kidnap girls often?" I ask, trying to make conversation. As long as I hear that his voice in front of me, then there's a possibility of being able to punch him & fleeing before his friend returns. 

"Not often enough." I can just hear the smirk in his voice. "Consider yourself honored." 

"Mhm," I hum out as I feel the bark cut through the bandana. Bringing my head forward some, I realize how close he is standing to me as I feel his warm breath hit my face. It gets warmer as he brings his own closer, & I have to fight to keep up my confidence. 

"Ya know, you're reall-" I cut him off as I bring my fist out from behind my back & crash it into his nose. Pulling off my blindfold, I feel a victorious grin coming out as I hear him fall from impact, grunting in pain. Then a gasp escapes my lips as I see who it is who has kidnapped me & is now lying on the ground, blood coming out of his nose. 

Holy crap. I don't know what I was expecting, but it wasn't him.

*Do you guys like the new cover? :)*