Chapter 55

Lexi's POV:

I shut my eyes tightly, tired of having nothing to look at besides Eric's back already. As interesting as his plain black tee shirt is.. one can only be forced to look at it for so long. He runs out of the room with me tossed over his shoulder, & let me tell you with all of this insanity going on, added with gravity, my stomach isn't feeling too hot right now. There is also a minor headache starting to form. Doesn't help that his butt is like, two feet below my face. No good can come from that.

"You just had to get the cops involved.." He mutters, his black combat shoes clacking against the floor loudly with each step he takes. I can just barely hear Bailey, Blake, & Jett's steps a bit a head of us.

"What'd you expect?" I can't help but retort bitterly as I massage my temple. "I'm not a fan of being held prisoner."

"Shut up!" He yells, smacking my butt a bit too hard for my liking.

'Although I wouldn't like it in any way possible,' I think as my left eye twitches in disturbance.

My eyes suddenly fly open as I feel Eric stumble forward towards the floor. His arm around my waist loosens it's grip, so I take the chance to get off of his shoulder. I tumble over, my back landing against the cold stone wall & I wince as pain shoots through my leg. My gaze goes from the matching stone floor upwards, mouth dropping when I see Hunter hovering over Eric & throw a punch at his face. He dodges, instead clasping his wrist. My mouth drops open, letting too loud of a gasp out as he flips them around so Eric is on top of Hunter. My heart haults when he pulls out a pocket knife from his pocket.

There are times in life when your body just does something without your mind even telling it too. It's like you have absolutely no control of your actions whatsoever. Now's one of those times.

My legs carry me faster than anything, forgetting the fact that it's hurt, & before he can plunge the knife into his heart I jump towards him. I crash into the side of Eric, so I end up lying on top of him on the floor. I hiss as the pain catches up to my leg.

"You!" He yells, a vein popping in his forehead. Without warning he strikes, his knife slicing my chin as I barely get to move in time. He shoves me off of him in an angry huff, not that I really mind, except for the physical pain. I roll off onto my side to keep a safe distance from my crazy ex boyfriend.

"Lexi!" Hunter cries, eyes transfixed on my chin. Mindlessly, I bring my finger up to the bottom of my face, & I wince when I feel blood. Too much.

"You deserve that for getting in my way," Eric growls, picking me up by the wrist as he stands up. He looks down the hall, likely noticing that his little group is long gone without him. Ha, serves him right for joining the dark side in the first place.

I jump out of my skin when a shoe is randomly thrown into Eric's face. Blinking a couple of times in curious shock, I look over to see Hunter, his left foot without a shoe. He smirks, shooting me a wink that makes my heart flutter despite the horrible situation that we've landed into. Yeah, he can still manage to light up the darkness for me, even if just dimming it. One of the many brilliant qualities he has.

"Son of a-!" Eric screams, glaring at him. I bite back a giggle as Hunter smiles cheekily, looking adorabley innocent. Suddenly, another shoe chucks him in the side of his head, & we all turn to see a smiling Bella. She gives me a silent thumbs up, looking pleased.

Eric grunts, clearly unimpressed with their antics as he rolls his eyes. Josh walks out of the door next, a determined look in his eyes as he throws his converse at his face.

"Stop it!" Eric screams, his face red from all the abuse. He looks all around the floor, & I notice the knife from his hand missing. He must have dropped it! Eyes widened, I reach down & undue my shoe in a hurry before throwing it at the back of his head. He pauses before turning around slowly, a dirty glare already formed on his face. I do the most logical thing a girl can do in this type of situation. I whistle as if nothing happened, avoiding eye contact.

Dillon runs out of the room next, charging straight at him with his shoe in his hand. I watch in awe as he continues to run before throwing his steal toe shoe right at his face. Eric blinks a couple of times before his eyes completely shut, & he falls down.

"He... he passed out!" Bella says in bewilderment. Dillon & Josh give each other amused grins while bumping knuckles.

"Well I'll be..." I say, watching the passed out figure on the floor. Who knew that shoes are such a powerful weapon?

Hunter walks over to my side, putting my arm around his neck so I can take some weight off of my foot. I smile at him thankfully.

"Just hope he doesn't wake up before the cops get here," Hunter tells us, looking down at him before meeting my gaze. His eyes trail down to where the likely deep cut is, & although that hurts, I can't feel it as I stare into his eyes.

He smiles as he looks over my face, taking in every detail, happy because he'll still get to see it every day. I know, because I'm doing the same with him. His blue eyes sparkle brightly, his rosy lips quarked up into a smile, everything still as perfect as ever. But as great as his face is, I don't want to see it.

I lean in & press my lips to his, my eyes gently shutting. He happily kisses back, just as eager to have his lips back where they belong as I am.

I don't think anything could make me happier than the fact that we belong together, & together we shall be, no matter what comes out way. Because when you love someone, you'll face anything to keep things right.

And right now, it couldn't feel anymore right.

*So I have decided that I'm going back to edit. The first few chapters of this story seem really bad to me.. so thought I'd let y'all know. Anyway, there's going to be another chapter, & that's it.. wow. That's gonna be it, guys. I can't believe it myself :o Next chapter might take a bit longer, because I want to make it as perfect as possible for y'all :)*