Chapter 41

I look up at the tour bus sitting in front of me in awe. It's pretty big, but I guess that's needed as Hunter explained to me that his tour band is here as well. 

"Neat, isn't it?" Hunter says from beside me, looking at the bus with pride & joy in his eyes. 

Also something that he's always dreamed of, accomplishment. 

"Yeah it is." He walks ahead of me to open the door, then walks back to me. "Hunter what are y-" I'm cut off when his arms swoop under my legs, taking me into the air. I wince as a small wave of pain goes through my sprung leg. Seconds later as he's holding me bridal style, I hear the crutches hit the pavement. 

"I told you I'd carry you," he smirks, begining to walk towards the bus with me in his arms. I roll my eyes, but can't keep the smile from growing on my face. 

When we get inside, my eyes grow wide as I take in my surroundings. Currently, we're in the living room type area of the tour bus, & it has a huge red couch, sat on by two guys who look at me with grins. Across from them, there's a big tv on the wall, currently showing a football game. 

"Lexi, this is Matt, my bass player," the guy on the left smirks at me as he nods. I smile, taking in his appearance. He's got on a red bandana (oh the memories of being tied up with that) & dreadlocks coming down. "& Devin, who plays guitar. Guys, this is my girlfriend, Lexi." 

"So this is the girl who's got Hunter so whipped," Devin grins. He has long brown hair, & some stubble on his chin like he hasn't shaved in a couple of days. 

"Shut up Devin," Hunter says, embarrassed as his eyes go downward & his cheeks turn pink. I feel my own cheeks heat up as I realize that he's just standing there with me in his arms, being watched by his tour mates. 

"Uh, hi," I say awkwardly as I wave to them. 

"Hey Devin, can you go get Lexi's crutches outside?" Hunter asks, & Devin nods as he gets up from his spot on the couch. 

"Here, lie set her down here," Matt tells Hunter as he gets up from the seat. He nods & walks me over, carefully setting me down. 

"Thanks," I smile at them. "But I can sit up, you know. So you guys can still sit." 

"Oh," Matt smiles, looking sheepish. Within a minute, their sitting on either side of me. "So Lexi, Hunter tells me that there are these guys after you.." Suddenly, the playful atmosphere disappears & is replaced with a much more serious one. Noticing me going tense, Hunter, on the right side of me, places his hand on my knee & squeezes gently. 

"Yeah.." 

"I just want to say, you can stay with us the whole tour til the assholes get caught. While Hunter here was getting you, the guys & I have been out shopping to help make your experience here a good one!" He beams, while a grin makes it's way on both Hunter & I's faces at his enthusiasm. 

"Thanks Matt," I tell him sincerely. Suddenly the door opens up, so Devin & two other guys walk in. 

"Yo, look who I found," He says with a grin. The two guys look at me, each offering a warm smile. 

"You must be the famous Lexi we've heard all about," the guy on the left of Devin says. He's got short brown hair, that spikes up towards the front, & dark eyes that look welcoming & friendly right off the bat. He's also got some stubble growing out. 

"Yeah, hello, uh.." 

"Sam," he quips as he walks over to shake my hand. 

"& I'm Steve," the last guy explains as he steps beside Sam. He's got extremely epic brown curly hair, I notice instantly. 

"It's nice to meet y'all." 

"Likewise. I can already tell you're as awesome as Hunt says," Steve says, & I notice from the corner of my eye Hunter's cheek turn a shade of pink. 

"He says I'm awesome, does he?" I grin, shooting a wink in Hunter's direction. 

"Yup," Devin pipes up. "Can't get him to shut up about you at all, in fact." 

"ANYWAY," Hunter says loudly, making us all turn to him. "So Lexi, welcome to the tour bus." I take in my surroundings, looking from the big tv, to the beige walls surrounding it, & the hard brown floor. It's quite spacious in here, too. 

"Pretty nice," I comment, letting my eyes continue to wander. "So much better than my apartment." That earns me some laughter from the guys. 

"You're welcome to move in for good," Steve winks. 

"Hunter certainly wouldn't mind," Matt adds, smirking. Hunter has his chin in his hand, resting his elbow on his leg as he blushes, & I have to bite my lip from giggling. 

"You wanna see the studio I put in?" Hunter asks, sparing me a bashful glance. 

"Yeah!" After being handed my crutches, I hobble along behind Hunter. We go through the kitchen, which I notice is also spacious, containing all the basic appliances needed for meals & snacks. The walls are white, matching the tiled floor. Continuing forward, we pass the door to the bathroom & enter the bunk area. There are six spaces in the walls, three on each with their own beds.  

"I usually take the bottom one," Hunter says, looking between me & the right bottom bunk bed. "But seeing as your leg is hurt, you'll be staying there while I take the one above you." 

"Thank you," I say with a small smile. He returns the gesture before turning around to walk to a door at the back of the room. 

"Here we are," he beams as he opens the door, to let me hobble in first. My eyes widen as I take in the studio before me. It's not that big of a room, just enough room for the two couches that sit across each other, holding a couple of guitars & a keyboard. "Ok, so it might not be a legit studio.. but it's still enough to make some magic," he explains. I grin as I sit by the keyboard, switching the on button before I start randomly hitting keys. Hunter's chuckle grows closer as he sits beside me, wrapping his arms around my waist as he rests his chin on my shoulder. 

"I'm not that good," I pout. 

"Nope. But we've got time," he points out as his hand rubs my side slowly. "You think you're going to like it here?" 

"Yeah," I smile. "I think I'll love it."

*Completely made up what the inside of his tour bus looks like so yeah. Anyway, thanks to everybody who has followed me, I didn't expect that many :0 :D <3 P.S. WHO'S HEARD HUNTER'S LATEST SONG 'Can't say love'?!*