Chapter 6

At 9:00 pm that same day, I pull out my phone. Can't avoid talking to Hunter forever, so I might as well call him so he hears the news from me. I dial his number, just to hear it ring a couple of times before it goes to voicemail. He's probably with Bailey.

"Hey this is Hunter Hayes, just leave a message when you hear that beep!" I feel a smile at his voice, then snap out of it so I can leave a message.

"Hey, Hunter. Uh," I gulp. I need to move so I can move on, so I have to spit it out. "I'm getting a job transfer. Next week I'm moving to Florida. So yeah. I guess that's all. Bye Hunter." I hang up, & fall on my back on my bed. I didn't realize I was pacing around my room that whole time.

"Hey, Lexi dinner's ready," Mom says throuh the door. I push out my thoughts & go to eat.

Hunter's POV:

"That was a good movie," Bailey says as we walk out of the movie theater.

"Yeah," I say. "It was alright." We get into my car & head back to her house. I look at the time, it's now 10:00 pm. I can hear Bailey talking but I don't listen, my mind is stuck on Lexi. The way she looked when she saw Bailey & I kissing killed me. When I told her that we're back together I couldn't even look at her. I know that she's upset because she doesn't want my heart broken again. If only she knew that Bailey could never brake my heart, unless she did something to Lexi.

"Are you even listening to me?"

"Huh?" I snapped back into reality. "Yeah of course."

"Well anyway-" I rolled my eyes as I continued 'listening' to her.

"Aren't you going to walk me to the front door?" She asks when I park in front of her house. So I do as she says. I frown as she closes her eyes & puckers her lips when we get on the porch. I give her a light kiss on the lips, then make my way out of there. I sigh of relief when I get back in the car.

I pull out my phone to turn on to see if anyone has tried to contact me. As it turns on, I start the car. Looking back at my phone, I see I have a missed call & voicemail. Both from Lexi. I put the phone up to my ear to listen to her voice mail.

"Hey, Hunter. Uh... I'm getting a job transfer. Next week I'm moving to Florida. So yeah. I guess that's all. Bye Hunter." My eyes widen, & I swear I feel my heart literally drop to the bottom of my stomach. Lexi is leaving me? My lips purse together. I can't believe it.

I want to call her back, ask her questions. But, I don't know where to begin. So I just start to drive.

Lexi's POV:

Almost a week goes by. Tomorrow, I am leaving to Florida. I havn't even talked to Hunter since he told me about him & Bailey & honestly, I feel like crap. Guess I never mattered to him as much as he does to me, so I'm glad I'm moving to Florida.

I have all my stuff packed. Sometime, a U-Haul will be coming to get it all to take.

"Hey," Bella says as she enters my room. She sits beside me on the now plain bed. "I was just thinking. You never told me how Hunter took the moving news."

"He never called me back, so I have no idea." I say.

"Oh that jerk!" I raise my eyebrows in curiousity. "Well how are y'all supposed to fall in love when he acts like that?" I shake my head & laugh at my baby sister. She watches too much tv.

"Sorry Bells, love is a 2 way street." When only 1 is in love, it's just making a fool out of yourself, I think to myself.

"But he loves you, Lexi. Anyone could see that."

"He's back with Bailey, Bella. He loves her." She purses her lips together.

"Her again," she mumbles. I nod. Her again. "I can't believe after all these years of y'all being friends it's going to end like this," Bella furrows her eyebrows. I shrug, but knowing it's killing me. She leaves me to my thoughts.

----------------------------------------------------

"Don't worry, I'll call as soon as I get to my new apartment," I say to my mom & Bella at the airport. "Promise."

"I-I can't belive my baby is finally moving away. It seems like yesterday you were my little girl," Mom says, tears begining to form in her eyes.

"I'm still your girl, Mom. Just not as little," I grin. "That's what Bella is here for."

"Hey!" Bella pouts, & I ruffle her hair.

"Flight 19 now boarding," a voice announces over the speakers. I smile lightly at my family.

"Guess I better get going. I'll talk to y'all later. I love you."

I hug them once more then leave to get on my flight. This is my 1st time on an airplane too, so this will be a long trip.

I open my eyes to look out the window. We're above the clouds, & it's beautiful. I look at the time on my phone, which is on airplane mode by the way, to see it's been a couple of hours. That was a nice nap. I look over to see the lady next to me fast asleep, a little bit of drool peeking from her lips. I grimace as I turn back out to the window. Not much longer now.

After I get off at the airport, I take a taxi to my new apartment. I had emailed the manager so I will get to the apartment, look around, & decide for sure that I want it. Based on the pictures, it's reasonable for how much I'm renting it for. Plus, it's really close to the restaurant so I can simply walk back & forth. A thought just hit me. What if the staff here isn't as nice as the 1 back home? Who could possibly replace Fred?

I push my thoughts aside as I pay the driver & step out of the cab, looking in awe at the tall building ahead of me. This is my apartment building. I take a quick glance around me. Wow. What a city. It's going to take a while to get used to Miami.