Chapter 22

Dillon's POV:

I laugh as I bring my red solo cup closer to my lips, watching in amusement as the girl bats her eyelashes, smiling as she realizes there's a chance she'll get in bed with me. I have to admit, she is hot in her tight black dress. She twirls a strand of her raven black hair in her finger, biting on her glossed up lip. 

"I'm going to go get some more beer. Want anything?" I ask, watching her shake her head. Making my way through the crowd in the huge room, I finally manage to get into the kitchen. My eyes take in my surroundings. Seeing as the host of this party is filthy rich apparently, the kitchen itself is amazing yet alone the whole house. It's pretty big, with the walls being painted a shiny, sparkling gold. It may sound tacky, but trust me it looks luxurious. There's a side counter sticking out, where high stools are sitting. A couple of teens are sitting on them, laughing at who knows what. I go to the large fridge & pull out one of the many cans of Miler lite beer. 

"Hey dude," a male voice says from my right, & I look over to see my old friend Ray, who's arm is wrapped around a girl's waist. Amanda. 

"Hey Ray," I greet, looking over to his girlfriend. "Hey Amanda." 

"Hey Dillon," she smiles back. I'm glad Ray is dating her, she's so good for him. Unlike most of the girl's at the party, she's actually wearing comfortable clothes instead of a short skirt or dress. Wearing shorts & a tee shirt, still looking nice but not trampy. Exactly what Ray needs. She reminds me a lot of Lexi, actually... 

Keeping in a sigh, I pour the can of beer into my red cup. I really liked Lexi, but the moment I saw how she looked at Hunter I knew there was no chance. At least judging by how he looked at her the same way, he won't hurt her on purpose like some douchebags. 

"So have any girls caught your eye yet?" Ray asks, raising his eyebrows. He knows about Lexi & Hunter, so he's pretty encouraging about moving on. 

"It's too hard to tell here man, the girls here," I pause to look at her. "Not you Amanda. Are just drunk & too... what's the words i'm looking for..." 

"Too busy not being themselves trying to get in your pants?" Amanda offers. 

"Right." 

"Well you'll find the right girl someday dude," he smiles encouragingly at me, & I give a small grin back. 

"Nah dude I have my whole life to settle down with some girl. Gotta mingle while I can." Although I would have settled down for Lexi, I think to myself sourly. Giving them a last smile, I return to the party. 

After dancing for a few minutes, I decide to go up the long staircase to find the bathroom. My eyes wander the huge hallway til they land on a guy pinning a girl against the wall. Walking closer, I narrow my eyes as I see a drunk guy bring his face closer to hers. 

"Hey back off of her," I growl as I speed over there, allowing my eyes to look at Kristy. Fear & panic is on her face. 

"Go get your own girl," he slurs. "This one's mine." Clicking my tongue, I grab the collar of his shirt & pull him towards me, scrunching my face in disgust as the smell of alcohol hits my nose. 

"She's not something to own," I hiss. "Now be a good boy & leave before I teach you a lesson." He narrows his eyes as I let him go, watching as he wobbles away. My eyes return to Kristy. 

"Are you alright?" I ask, concerned. Her eyes are widened as they look in mine, searching intently. 

"Yeah," she says, sounding oddly surprised as her eyes continue to look my own over. "I am." I nod, not knowing what to say now. I can't help but take her appearance in. A light blue shirt with a dark blue belt wrapping around, & regular jeans. Her strawberry blonde hair is brushed down regularly, but it's still pretty.