Chapter 14

Lexi's POV:

"How are you coping?" I ask my mother through the phone. I'm currently lying on my couch with a small headache. Let's just say it was really busy at the restaurant today, & I don't do well with crowds. It rarely ever got too busy at home. 

"It'll get better," she breathes into the phone, a hint of sadness in her voice. I can't blame her. I'm still in shock about Dad myself, but it will get better, right? At least I hope so, if not for me then at least my family. 

"That's good, I guess. How's Bella?" 

"She's with a friend somewhere right now, hopefully getting her mind off of things." 

"I really hope she does." 

"So how's it in Florida? Meet any friends?" 

"The guy I live next to is pretty cool," I answer, thinking about Dillon. "Dillon." 

"Ohh it's a boy?" She asks in a teasing tone. 

"Moooommmm!" I moan, making her chuckle. 

"Just be careful over there, alright?" 

"I'm not doing any of THAT," I say in a panicked tone. 

"Good girl. Now I have to get going, take some aspirin for that headache." 

"Alright. Love you." 

"Love you too." We both hang up, & I just push my head back onto the arm rest of the couch. Maybe a nap would help.

I wake up to hear a knock on the door, making me moan. 

"Go away!" I shout, just to hear a familiar chuckle come from the other side. I grunt as I get up to open it, but my mouth drops a little as I see him standing there. His faded jeans, tight black shirt, & his spikey blonde hair instantly make my heart beat 10 times more. My breathing stops just by looking into his loving blue eyes. 

"H-Hunter?" I stutter. 

"Hey Lexi," he smiles sheepishly. "Can I come in so we can talk?" I open the door wider so he can come in, not making a sound. As soon as I close the door behind him I realize how bad I want to go hug him, how much I've really missed him. "This is a nice apartment," he compliments as he sits on the couch, looking around. 

"Thanks," I say as I go into the kitchen part. "Want something to drink?" 

"Sure." I pull out a root beer & toss it, watching with a smile as he catches it. I sit on the opposite end as him, making him frown. He senses that I have my guard up. "Bailey's always blackmailed me to dating her by threatening to post that pic of your dad on the internet & I never told you because I figured she had showed you years ago but apparently not so she sent the pic from my phone to get you to hate me I guess but honestly Lexi I thought you knew all along I'm so sorry about everything," he says in a quick rush, panting afterwards. What a mouthful alright. My mouth drops a little at this sudden news. Blackmail? 

"Blackmail..?" I question in a daze. Was it always just blackmail? 

"Yeah. Ever since high school." 

"Wow.." This changes a lot. 

"D-do you forgive me?" I look over at his pleading blue eyes. 

"It's not your fault at all." He smiles a little as he opens his arms, indicating for a hug. With a racing heart, I grin as I bring myself closer, allowing his arms to come around me as I put mine around him. It's the greatest feeling being in his arms. 

"It's 4'o clock. Wanna show me around Miami?" He asks as we pull apart. 

"Let's do it." I grab his hand, ignoring the tingles I have as I drag him out the door. Soon we're in the lobby & on our way out of the door, but I see Dillon in his uniform at the front desk watching us. His eyes gaze down at Hunter & I's still connected hands, then at me. 

"Is this Hunter?" He asks. 

"Yeah," I say as Hunter & I both stop walking, my hand falling from his. 

"Hunter, this is my friend Dillon. Dillon, this is Hunter." I shift uncomfortably as they glare hard at each other. 

"Hello," Hunter says, not letting any emotion into his voice to show what he's feeling.

"She cried a lot because of you, ya know," Dillon says with venom in his voice. Instantly sadness fills Hunter's eyes. 

"I already explained everything to her upstairs, not that it's any of your business." 

"She is my business," Dillon retorts, turning to look at me. "Didn't you tell me he never even said goodbye? Never called?" Oh yeah, I forgot about that. Hunter never did explain that. Suddenly I feel a heavy weight return to my chest.

"He already explained that," I lie. 

"How exactly can he explain that he hurt you? It's plain simple." 

"Can we go now Lexi?" Hunter asks, clearly pissed. I nod eagerly as I step backwards. 

"See ya later Dillon," I say as Hunter & I walk out. I could feel Dillon's stare burn through the back of me.

I feel Hunter watching me as we sit in the taxi. Feeling self conscious, I shift uncomfortably in my seat. 

"Thanks for telling him that I explained, even though I haven't." I turn to look at his perfect gorgeous blue eyes. They always seem to shine brighter when he's paying me mind, like he saves the best blue beauty just for me. 

"Yeah no problem." Though part of me can't help but wonder why he didn't say goodbye to me before I came here, I won't push him on it. Whatever reason it is, doesn't matter right now, & right now is all that matters to me. 

We finally arrive at our destination, & I can't help but grin. I was going to ask Dillon to come here with me but since Hunter's here, might as well treat the boy. 

"Carnival," Hunter smiles as we walk over to the ticket booth. I shoot him a grin as I take my wallet out, but he stops me. 

"After everything, at least let me pay." 

"I'm perfectly capable of paying Hayes." He shoots me a smile as he hands the lady the money, & she returns him with 2 bracelets so we can get in & out. 

I can't help but smile at everything as we walk into the carnival, taking everything in. There are game booths scattered around, with the occasional food stand. The smell of BBQ fills my nostrils, so I have to hold in a groan because it smells wonderful. In the distance, you can see the rides take over. 

"What do you want to do first?" I ask Hunter. He turns to look at me, a small smile on his face. 

"Wanna go to the rides?" I nod, smiling as we walk. Soon enough we find ourselves in line for bumper cars. 

"You ready to get destroyed?" I tease as we step inside. 

"I'm ready to wreck you," he winks. Soon enough we're wrecking each other, & I can't stop laughing. His head bobs so much as I hit him, that we're lucky he hasn't gotten hurt. When we get out we are laughing together. 

As we walk to find something else to do, his phone goes off. Looking at him questioningly, he shrugs as he pulls it out. An unreadable expression quickly replaces the smile that was there moments ago. 

"Who is it?" I ask, causing him to give me a small -tense- smile.

*So who do you guys think is the mysterious caller?! Sorry for the cliffhanger though by the way, my phone only let's me put so much in a chapter, that's why their always so short. Sorry :/*