Chapter 11

Hunter's POV:

"I will post the picture on facebook right NOW if you don't get back here ASAP," Bailey barks through the phone. 

"Fine," I mutter, tired of fighting with her. I wonder how she'll survive when I go on tour. 

"Good. Talk to ya later bo-," I hang up as she says 'boo'. Letting out a sigh, I grab my things & put them in my car. I wasn't looking when I picked up the phone, so I had no idea it would be her. I wouldn't have picked up if I knew. 

I saw her status on facebook about Lexi, so I have no doubt in my mind that she would post the picture just to hurt her. I frown thinking of the picture. Lexi talked to me about everything, but she never told me about her dad. I guess that could be way to much for her though. 

Once back home, & after talking to my parents & setting my things back in my room, I go outside to my car. 

'In town yet?' Bailey texts me. I let out a small sigh. 

'Sadly yeah.' 

'Oh u lol. Come by my place.' I drive over to her house, frowning the whole time. I really don't want to do anything with her, no matter how pretty she is she'll never be Lexi. 

"Hey baby," Bailey says as she embraces me in a hug after I step out of my car. Once I take a step backwards, I cringe as I look at her. She's wearing a really short red skirt, & a white halter top that is way too small, because her breasts are practically sticking out. 

"Hi Bailey," I moan back. Just think, 2 days ago I was in a cafe doing what I love most, now I'm here. 

"Why did you take off to Nashville without telling me?" 

"I have a home there, I should be able to go there whenever I want." 

"I'm your girlfriend, I should be involved in these decisions." 

"Sadly you are. Not by choice but whatever." 

"What the hell did you just say to me?!" She hisses as my eyes widen. Did I really just say that aloud? 

"Sorry," I mumble, sticking my hands in my jeans pockets. 

"Yeah you better be, or the photo gets out." The picture flashes into my mind, leaving me to wonder. 

"How did you get the picture anyway?" 

"I went to dinner with them that one night." 

"& you knew who he was? & never said anything to anyone til it was too late?" 

"Of course I knew who he was. Everyone knows everyone in this town, Hunter. That'll be the death of us all," she frowns. "As for telling anyone til it was too late? I never told anyone." 

"What?!" I honestly thought Lexi knew. I figured Bailey told her. 

"Why would I tell Lexi? It wouldn't hurt her as much if she knew." 

"You're a horrible person," I spit out in anger. 

"Get used to it," she smiles as I turn to go back to my car. "Wait! Don't you dare leave me!" 

"I have to fix things," I explain. 

"With Lexi?" She laughs. "Once she finds out that you knew all these years she will NEVER forgive you. So you might as well keep your mouth shut if you don't want her to hate you." I glare at her, not knowing what to do. I've already lost Lexi anyway.

Lexi's POV:

"Thanks," I call out to Dillon as I exit his bathroom. 

"No problem. Hey, while you're here you wanna watch a movie with me?" 

"Sure." I sit on the couch next to Dillon as he presses a button on the remote. Soon, a horror movie is on the big plasma screen, & Dillon has an arm around my shoulder. 

I look over to see him looking intently at me. His eyes flicker towards my lips, then back to my eyes. 

I shift around uncomfortably as I turn away. I know that I should get over Hunter, but it's too soon considering I've liked him for years. Dillon's cool & all, but he'll never be Hunter. 

Dillon grabs my chin & faces me toward him, just taking a second before crashing his lips to mine. 

I let him kiss me a moment, but not kissing back. I push him away, leaving him unsatisfied. 

"I-I'm sorry. I'm not ready to get involved with anybody right now." 'Unless you're Hunter,' I think to myself. 

"No problem," he replies, trying to hide his frown at the rejection. "So, who is he?" 

"What?" 

"You obviously like some guy, or you wouldn't have blown me off." 

"His name's Hunter," I blurt out. 

"Hunter," he says, nodding. "Did you just meet him while in Florida?" 

"Nah, we've been friends since kids back in Louisiana." 

"Damn. I definitely can't win you over then." 

"Sorry," I frown. "I-I hope we can still be friends.." 

"Yeah yeah," he playfully bumps into me as I feel my phone vibrate from my pocket. My heart skips a beat as I say it's a multimedia message from Hunter. 

My world comes crumbling down as I see a picture of my dad & some lady, obviously not my mom, making out. H-he's been dead for some years though. When did he cheat?! 

"I-I gotta go," I quickly say as I jump off the couch to go to my own apartment. 

"Lexi what's wrong?" Dillon asks as he follows behind me. 

"I just need to be alone right now," I say holding in my tears as I walk out the door. 

As soon as I land on my bed, I start to cry so hard. My dad cheated on my mom when he was alive. I can't believe it. The first time Hunter's decided to talk to me in weeks & just to send me this picture. How long has he known? & he's never told me? 

'How long have you known?' I text him. 

'Since I took the picture some years ago.' He took the picture? My tears start to pour harder as I realize he's kept this huge secret from me for years. 

My heart is completely shattered, & I don't think it can be repaired.