Chapter 9

Hunter's POV:

A couple of days have gone by since I went back to Nashville. I look down at my cell phone to see yet another call from Bailey. After I left I sent her a text telling her I was going back to Tennessee, but she's still been calling non stop. 

I put the phone up to my ear to hear her 7th voicemail. 

"Hunter babe, call me. You just left without giving a goodbye kiss!" I sigh as I put my phone down. I know I should call her, explain to her that what she did is wrong. Forcing someone to go out with you because you have blackmail on the girl they really care about just isn't right. 

I walk over to my guitar. Playing always helps clear my mind.

Lexi's POV:

I let out a sigh as I walk out of the restaurant. It's A LOT more busy here than back home. A 5 hour shift here feels like a 10 hour one in Louisiana. 

It's 1:05 in the afternoon, leaving me the rest of the day to continue to explore Miami. It's been a couple of days, so I've gotten to know the main things in the area. Well, when I'm not at work. It seems like I'm always there, but lucky for me I got a short shift today. 

I walk into the apartment building, not surprised to see Dillon flirting with a girl. She twirls her red hair in her finger as she leans against the counter, pursing her lips into a flirty smile at the hot boy that stands before her. Doesn't she know that coming off like that will just make her look...easy? I can't help but roll my eyes at the scene before me. I could tell he was a big flirt from the moment I moved in here. 

Ignoring them, I just take the elevator up to my room. I walk in & look around my now filled apartment. I have a lot of my things out, ready for me to adjust. Thankfully, the U-Haul truck came yesterday before my shift at work. There's still a lot of boxes that need to be unpacked, but it's a start. Honestly, it feels weird to be away from home. It's even weirder to be away from Hunter. 

I let out a sigh as soon as his name came to my mind. Sadly, that's very often. Why didn't he ever call me? Does he not care that I left? It sure did bother me to think about him just leaving for a tour. 

I shake off my thoughts as I had for a box. The 1st thing I see when I open it, is the snow globe Hunter got me, bubble wrapped. I squeeze my eyes shut tight, trying to keep my emotions in check. How does he mean so much to me, when I don't mean much to him? There's nothing more painful then knowing someone will never feel the same way as you. 

I unwrap the bubble wrap, then put the snow globe on the kitchen counter. Til I buy a shelf, I guess my little nick-nacks will go here. 

After I finish filling my kitchen with my small decorative items to make it feel more homey, I go to another box. I quickly discover this one to be filled with photo albums. My hands quickly put them on the coffee table, knowing that there are some photos of Hunter in there. I'm going to start a new life, let's not go down memory lane yet. 

I hang all my clothes in the closet, then fall onto my bed. I'm now officially tired.

"Love makes me," Hunter says softly, his blue eyes hitting mine. 

"Love makes you do what?" I ask. Hunter & I are just in a solid white room, talking. I don't even remember how either of us got here. 

"Love makes me hurt you, even when I'm trying to protect you." The floor suddenly opens up, revealing a wild ocean beneath. I feel myself fall, reaching up to grab Hunter's hand. "Love makes me do crazy things." 

Before I find out if he grabs my hand or not, I wake up. Blinking a few times to see if this is real, I ponder the dream I just had. Dream Hunter is as cute as the real one. His eyes are just as blue. Lips just as full. & when I reached out for his hand, it looked just as soft. I'll never know. 

I check the time to see it's 3 in the afternoon already. Huh, time does fly.

*AN: Sorry for taking a while to update, I've been on a minor writing block :( I know this weak excuse of a chapter won't make it up, but rest assured I'll be back with more ideas for this ;)*