Chapter 47

Lexi's POV:

"No way in hell," I growl as I cross my arms over my chest. Currently, I'm sitting on my bed, staring at Hunter. He stares back, holding my bag of luggage in his hand. Yeah, the night went by fast & I woke up to see Hunter ready to get rid of me. I cried all the sad in me out last night, now he's got to deal with the anger. There's certainly enough of it.

"You're getting in that taxi one way or another, so just make this easier for us both."

"You know what?" I say calmly, but I know the venom in my voice is more obvious than anything. I stand up, grabbing my bag out of his hand before I get my crutches. "You want me gone, you got it." I slip on my shoes, ignoring the fact that I'm in my pj's as I storm out of the bunk area. People have surely seen girl's dressed worse then my neon pink shorts & fluffy white tank top.

"There's a taxi waiting outside to take you to the airport. I slipped some money in your wallet for the ticket & the cab."

"Nah." I plop my bag down before I unzip it, taking out the wallet. I put whatever wasn't in there yesterday out, putting it on the counter of the kitchen. "I figure while I'm still in the great city of Nashville I might as well explore some."

"No, just take the cab to the airport & go home. Those guys might not know we're broken up yet." Rolling my eyes, I look over to see the band all gathered in the living area, watching us like hawks. They each have frowns, & I begin to wonder if Hunter came back out last night to explain that he's kicking me out or if he's just winging it.

"It was really nice to meet y'all," I smile as sweet as I could in this horrible mood.

"Aw, we're all gonna miss you," Matt says, standing up from the couch to come give me a hug. The rest follow suit, besides Hunter, & say their goodbyes. With a final wave, I step outside into the cruel world, noticing that the door behind me doesn't close. Going a few steps, I turn to raise an eyebrow at Hunter.

"Just making sure you take the cab," he explains as he tilts his head to the taxi a few feet away. I smile at him, & his eyes shoot up in surprize before he returns a smile back. Still the sweetest smile I ever did see.

I walk over to the taxi window & knock, indicating for him to roll it down. He does as asked, raising an eyebrow as he wonders why I'm not getting in the car.

"I won't be needing a taxi right now, but thank you so much for waiting out here," I smile, taking out a 5 dollar bill to give him. He looks questioning, but doesn't say a word as he takes it & drives off. Turning around, I gulp as I see Hunter storming towards me. Now, in all the years I've known Hunter, he's never really gotten mad at me. Maybe a little frustrated sometimes, but I have a feeling this will be a real treat.

"Will you stop being so damn stubburn? Just go home. We don't want you here." Ouch, ok that hurt. I blink a couple times, gulpin the lump in my throat away. Looking into his face, it's clear as day that he regrets saying that. "Lexi, I did-"

"Didn't mean it? Yeah, that is soo obvious by how you got my stuff ready so quick." I walk off again, with struggle as it's hard to carry a bag & the crutches in both arms.

"Lexi," his voice cracks. My heart breaks all over again, tears starting to form deep in my eyes. I turn to give him a look, but how sad he appears doesn't help at all. "I'm trying to protect you. Please, let me do that."

"What if I don't want you to protect me?" I ask, searching his blue watery eyes. "What if I want you just to be my side?" For a couple of moments, all he does is just open his mouth over & over again, like he wants to say something but the words won't come out. "When the going gets tough, you give up & dump me behind." He continues to just stare at me, not saying a word. I shrug. "Yeah, I'll just call another taxi & go ahead to the airport. I'm done." I pull out of my cell phone, letting out a breath of air that I've been holding.

Suddenly, I feel a presence lingering over me. Looking up, I'm shocked to see that Hunter has gotten closer to me, only a foot away. His hand finds it's way over to mine, entertwining our fingers.

"Please stay," he whispers softly. Slowly, a huge smile breaks out onto my face as I nod eagerly.

"I can do that." He smiles, & together we walk back to the tour bus. Boy, are the guys going to be surprized when they see me.

----------------------------------

I narrow my eyes into slits as I watch the bitch & her boyfriend go back inside the bus. Nothing will break them up. Turning to Bret, I see him snarling in disgust at the door they just walked into. He runs a hand through his blonde hair, looking about as distraught as I feel. If we don't get her out of the picture soon, our ass's will be hanging on the boss's wall.

"It's time we prove to her that we mean bussiness," Bret says, smirking darkly at me. I nod, knowing we've reached the breaking point. It's about time someone gets hurt.