Chapter 18

"I can stay til tomorrow morning, only if you want me to," Hunter begins as we walk around the shopping mall. It's about 12 in the afternoon now. We decided to explore the mall together to see what kind of stores there are. "I just figured since I don't know how much more we'll get to hang out with you living in Florida & me going on my tour soon..." I feel myself frown as he trails off. Of course when things are starting to happen with me & Hunter I have moved out of the state as he prepares for his tour. I have the worst luck sometimes. 

"You can stay as long as you want. I have to go to work later though, sadly. We're short a waiter tonight," I explain. "Oh look a food court," I point. "I'll go get us some food, it's my treat. What do you want?" 

"I'll pay Lexi. What do you want?" 

"Wait I just said it's my treat," I frown, slightly pouting my lips & widening my eyes to give the puppy look. "I'll pay." 

"That's sweet but really, what kind of-" he stops talking as he furrows his eyebrows together.  

"Kind of what?" I ask as he looks at me, his crystal blue eyes searching answers in my green ones. 

"Boyfriend?" He questions, his eyes looking like their pleading for me not to argue. I notice he bites the bottom of his lip. His soft, soft, lip. Ok, losing my train of thought here. As if I could ever say no to him, anyway. I've always dreamed of being with him. 

"You want to be my boyfriend?" I ask as my heart starts racing, feeling like it's doing multiple backflips. I'm sure I have a crazy expression right now, my eyes probably wide & my mouth dropped opened. 

"Of course. What guy in their right mind doesn't?" My cheeks start to heat up as my eyes look to the floor, while my lips mindlessly roll in. He's really the sweetest guy in the world. 

"Well I'm still paying, boyfriend," I stick my tongue out as I look up. A look of relief & happiness fills his face before he really takes in what I just said. 

"Noopeee I got this. It's apart of my boyfriend duties, after all."

"Try not to totally destroy the apartment," I say as I walk out of my bedroom in my uniform. Hunter remains silent as he looks me up & down, making me a little nervous. The uniforms here are a bit different than back home. Here we have to wear a white blouse with the restaurant's logo on it & a blue skirt that's a little too short for my taste, while in Lousiana we could wear the blouse with jeans for all they cared. They thought jeans would make it feel more homey anyway. 

"The uniform here is a little bit different," I chuckle nervously. 

"Oh...uh.." He bites his bottom lip. "You look great, Lexi." 

"Thanks. So, you can stay here or do whatever while I'm at work. If you leave just remember to lock the door. I'm sure Dillon will let you back in when you come back." 

"He has a key to your apartment?" He asks, eyes wide while his mouth drops a bit. 

"He works at the front desk, he can get in any room." 

"Oh, yeah. I knew that." He chuckles, but I can tell it's forced. I look at the time to see that it's 3:40 pm. 

"Well I better get going. See ya later?" He gets up from the couch to walk me over to the door. 

"You bet. What time do you get off again?" 

"9," I explain as he wraps his arms around me in a quick hug. Still, I can't help but get tingles I get from his touch. 

"Alright. I guess I'll just chill here for a while, maybe I'll go out sometime to explore the city." 

"Okey doke. Bye." 

"Bye." & with that, I'm on my way to work. Once I'm in the lobby, I see Dillon look up from his phone at the desk. 

"Work?" He asks, putting his phone down as his eyes scan up & down my body. 

"Yup." 

"Where's Hunter?" 

"He's back up in my apartment. If you don't mind, if he leaves will you let him back in the room when he comes back?" I ask, putting on my puppy dog face. 

"I guess that's no problem. When is he le-" 

"Hey I'm sorry, but if I don't get going now I'm going to be late to work. Can we talk later?" He nods with a smirk, waving me off.

Hunter's POV:

I flop down on the couch as I hit the on button on the remote to the tv. Unable to hold it in any longer, I fist bump the air with a huge smile. Lexi's my girlfriend! She actually called me her boyfriend at the mall today. I can't believe it. She could have any guy in the world but she settled with me. Shaking my head, I let out a sigh. I can't blow this. I've been in love with her for quite some time so I can't possibly mess this up somehow. 

One by one, thoughts start to pop into my mind. I'll have to go on tour soon, so how will that work? & then she lives here now, while I spend my life in Lousiana & Tennesee. The odds of working out are slim to none with all that against us. 

I bounce back up to go to the kitchen. Looking through the fridge, I see some water bottles, a gallon of milk, & a carton of orange juice. I grab the water bottle & start to drink when I hear a knock on the door. Quirking an eyebrow I walk over to it, only to see it opening. In comes Dillon, wearing a black uniform. My eyes wander to his name tag, spelling out his name. Is it really needed for a guy working at an apartment building get this dressed up? 

"Uh...hi," I say, meeting his blue eye glare. 

"We need to talk, Hunter boy." 

"Go right ahead, talk," I demand, not liking his tone. I already have a feeling what this conversation is about, but I didn't expect him to have attitude that quick. 

"Lexi is an amazing girl-" 

"I've known her since 2nd grade. I know how amazing she is," I cut him off. 

"Like I was saying," he begins, glaring harder if that's possible. " We've gotten to be good friends. I know she really likes you. But you don't realize how hard she cried when you sent her that picture. Yeah, I know about that." By now my blood is starting to heat up. Who does he think he is? 

"Obviously if you guys are as close as you say then you would know it wasn't me who sent her that picture." 

"But you knew about her dad for a while didn't you? Listen, I'm not trying to start trouble here-" 

"It sounds like you are," I cut him off again, slightly irritated now. 

"All I'm trying to say here is if you hurt her again I'll hurt you." He crosses his arms, not saying anything more as he begins to leave. 

"Thanks for loaning me the sweatpants, by the way," I say, watching as he turns to look at me. I'm surprised to see a small smile, looking sincere. 

"No problem. Go ahead & keep it, I got plenty more." With that, he walks out, leaving me to wonder where we stand. Without warning, a laugh comes out of my mouth, no real humor in it at all. He's got it bad for her, but I have to respect him anyway. He's just trying to protect Lexi. 

Taking a sip out of my water, I go back to the couch & kick back & relax. I have a long time to wait for Lexi. It really sucks she had to work tonight because tomorrow morning may be the last time I see her in a long time. That fact alone sucks.

*I realized that for the last couple of chapters I've called Bailey Brenda -_____- I feel so stupid XD but it's all good now I went back fixed it! :) At least it was only her & not one of the nicer characters eh? (; Anyways what do you guys think about Dillon? Don't hate him he's just being a protective friend! So, who thinks I should I add a new girl for him? Or should I put a more details on his life, perhaps a point of view even? Just brainstorming on how to make things more interesting :)*