37

Over the next couple of weeks, Kageyama spent his time in class or at practice, and when he wasn't doing those things, he was spending time with Hinata. Valentine's Day was approaching, as it was a week away.

Kageyama drummed his fingers on his desk while trying to read his text book. His mind wasn't really on studying; it was mostly on what he was going to do for Hinata on Valentine's Day.

"Can you stop that?" Tsukishima snapped.

He then gathered his study material in his bag and left the room, slamming the door behind him. Kageyama rolled his eyes. He and Tsukishima were not getting along well, even though they had been living together for months. Kageyama just thought that Tsukishima was a bitter asshole.

Suddenly, there was a rapid knock on the door.

"Yamayama, open the door," Hinata said.

Kageyama got up from his desk and went to open the door for Hinata. He invited himself into Kageyama's dorm and made himself comfortable on Kageyama's bed.

"What do you want, dumbass?" Kageyama asked, crossing his arms.

"I need an excuse to see my boyfriend. I am hurt," Hinata said, faking offense.

"Now really tell me," Kageyama said.

"Fine, Tsukishima came over to hang out with Yamaguchi, and I didn't want to stick around for that," Hinata grumbled.

Suddenly, there was a tremor in the ground, and a siren went off. Hinata's expression dropped. Everyone knew that sound; it was the earthquake siren. The tremors heightened, and the whole room started to shake. A lamp fell to the floor and shattered.

Out of instinct, Kageyama hid under his desk and looked at Hinata, who was frozen in shock. The earthquake began to get worse, and pieces of rubble began to tumble down from the floor above, and pieces of the dorm they were in were falling to the floor below.

"Shoyo, SHOYO!" Kageyama yelled, but Hinata was too dazed to hear him.

There was the sound of cracking, and bigger pieces of rubble fell from the ceiling. Kageyama saw the ceiling beginning to crack above Hinata. His eyes widened, and he leaped out from under the desk. He pushed Hinata away just as the chunk of ceiling began to fall.

He didn't have enough time. He would have never made it. It was him or Hinata. The rubble came down and pinned down Kageyama.

Hinata teared up and climbed under the desk. Tears streamed down his face as he sat under the desk. Soon the earthquake ended, and Hinata was able to come out from under the desk. He ran over to Kageyama, who was knocked unconscious.

He panicked and ran outside to see if he could get out, but he was trapped. He would have to wait for someone to come and help. Hinata went back over to Kageyama to check if he was still breathing. Kageyama was still breathing, but barely. He had to move that rubble off of him.

Hinata took a deep breath and tried to move the rock that was crushing Kageyama. He got a couple of pieces off of his chest, but there were a few pieces he couldn't move.

He sat there with his head in his hands, wondering if Kageyama would make it.

~

a/n: There is something wrong with me, like seriously wrong.