5

After tryouts were over, Daichi announced that their first practice would be later that week at 7 a.m. They would each get their spots on the team and meet the rest of the team members.

"See you all back here on Thursday."

Kageyama grabbed his jacket and zipped it up to his chin before grabbing his bag and leaving. He heard footsteps next to him, and he had a hunch who it was. He saw a flash of orange out of the corner of his eye and ignored it. He wanted to go back to his dorm to relax.

"Hey Kageyama," Hinata said.

"What?" Kageyama replied bluntly. He was tired after the match and wanted to rest a bit.

"Will you set for me for a bit?"

"No."

"Why not Tiredyama?"

"Don't call me nicknames, dumbass," Kageyama replied.

He sped up his pace, so it was hard for Hinata to keep up with his pace. Eventually, they were walking beside each other in silence. They parted ways to go into their separate dorms.

Kageyama took another shower before he got into bed and rested his eyes. Today had been a good day for him. Even though his roommate was an asshole to him and this ginger kid kept popping up everywhere, it bothered him. He was satisfied with being on the volleyball team, and his classes were okay.

Out of pure exhaustion, Kageyama felt himself drifting off to sleep. He relaxed his muscles and let himself fall asleep.

~

Hinata sat in his room bored because Kageyama refused to set for him. He didn't know what it was, but he was drawn to Kageyama despite his grouchy and unapproachable demeanor. Hinata sat on his bed, looking around, not knowing what to do. He decided to take a walk around the campus.

He threw in a jacket and went outside. The leaves of the trees were turning orange and red as they fell to the ground. The cool autumn breeze blew lightly, swirling the colorful leaves around.

Hinata decided to explore some spots off campus. He left the area and went towards the downtown area. He found a quaint little park right outside the busy part of town. There was a small pond where you could see the geese floating around and the fish swimming.

There were kids running through the park with kites and playing with a ball. He saw couples walking, holding hands, and an old man sitting on a bench. Hinata walked through the park before he started to get hungry.

He walked down the street a little and found a convenience store. He walked in and saw a blonde man wearing a headband and smoking a cigarette while reading a volleyball magazine. He paid no mind to Hinata as he walked through the store and picked up a snack and a drink. He went up to the counter to pay and leave.

He ate his snack as he walked back to his dorm.

~

Kageyama woke up from his nap around an hour later. He rubbed his yes and saw Tsukishima at his desk, listening to his music insanely loud and reading a book.

Even though his half of the dorm was already as clean as it could get, Kageyama began to reorganize all of his things. Reordering the books on his shelf and refolding all the clothes in his drawer

The time passed, and it was time for dinner. Kageyama went to the dining hall and got himself something small to eat. There were few people in the dining hall; groups of friends were there, and a couple of students were already studying or reading.

~

a/n: This was kind of just a filler. I promise something will happen next chapter.