12

It was going to be another one of those nights. Kageyama tossed and turned in his bed, adjusting his pillow and changing his blankets, but he just couldn't get comfortable enough to fall asleep. Sighing, he sat up and rubbed his eyes. He threw on a jacket and slid on a pair of shoes.

This time, he didn't give a shit about waking anyone up. He left the dorm building and walked down to the park to his usual spot. Kageyama had returned to this spot so many times just to sit here with his thoughts. It helped ease his anxiety.

Kageyama stared at the sky. Tonight, the moon was just barely visible since it was a new moon. You could see the different observations lining the sky, but Kageyama could never be able to name any of them.

~

Hinata was staying up to watch his favorite volleyball matches with his favorite players. He heard someone shuffling around next door and shutting their door loudly. He was interested, so he closed his laptop, slid on a pair of shoes, and headed out the door.

Hinata went down to the exit of the building and saw Kageyama walking out. The building was dead silent, and all the lights were off. Hinata could barely see Kageyama, only the dark outline of his tall figure.

He followed Kageyama as he walked to their usual sitting spot in the park and sat down. Hinata waited behind a tree for him to say or do anything. Kageyama just sat there, staring at the sky through a clearing in the trees.

Hinata was confused. What was he doing here?

"Kageyama," he said, coming out from behind the tree.

Kageyama jumped slightly and turned to see Hinata coming out from behind the tree.

"What are you doing here?"

Hinata took a seat next to him and explained to him how he followed him out after he heard him get up and leave.

"Why can't you just mind your own business?"

"Why do you feel the need to come here at 3 in the morning?"

"Because I have trouble sleeping," Kageyama said.

Hinata didn't know what to say to reply to that. He looked at Kageyama, his face illuminated in the light of the street lamps and stars. His hair was elongated like always, and the stars were reflected in his blue-gray eyes. He had sharp features, and—wait, why am I thinking about this? Hinata thought to himself.

Hinata had been subconcously admiring Kageyama's looks, which was odd. He was stuck staring at Kageyama, unable to move his eyes or thoughts away from how attractive Kageyama actually was. He never really noticed until now. Wait, I don't find Kageyama attractive; he is just a teammate. Hinata was arguing with himself internally.

"Why are you staring at me?" Kageyama asked Hinata, making eye contact.

Hinata seemed to get lost in Kageyama's dark blue-gray arms, which seemed to never end.

"Hello, Hinata?"

"What?" Hinata snapped him out of his daze.

"Why were you staring at me?"

"Ummmm," Hinata said, looking away.

"You just can't get enough of me, can you?"

"Huh, what are you talking about?" Hinata said, his cheeks flushing red.

"You follow me around and ask me to practice all the time; now you're staring. It's like you've got a crush on me," Kageyama said, cracking a small smile.

Hinata smiled. " That's ridiculous."

Kageyama froze. The two stared into each other's eyes; their eyes were locked. Hinata still had a smile on his face, but Kageyama's expression stayed like a stone. Kageyama couldn't take it anymore. Out of impulse, he pushed Hinata down on the bench and hovered over him.

"Wait, Kageyama wha-," Hinata's face was flushed red.

He was cut off by Kageyama's lips.

~

a/n: A little cliffhanger