9

The next morning, Kageyama was exhausted. He didn't get any sleep the night before. He got out of bed and looked at himself in the mirror. Sighing, he ran a hand through his messy hair and walked into the bathroom. He fixed his appearance, brushed his teeth, and changed into a fresh set of clothes.

Kageyama stared at the bags under his eyes before shaking his head and exiting the bathroom. He grabbed his bag, walked down to the dining hall, and grabbed a muffin and a carton of milk for breakfast.

When he was done, he saw that it was time for class and began walking to the other campus. The college was located in a downtown area, and there were a lot of people, not just students, walking around. There were small shops and restaurants along the way. The town the city was located in was a small one, but it was still pretty busy in the center of everything.

"Hey Kageyama!" he heard someone yell. He knew exactly who it was.

He turned and saw Hinata running up next to him. Kageyama was not ready to deal with his energy in the morning. Hinata was practically jumping up and down.

"What are you so excited about?" Kageyama said it in a monotone voice.

"Nothing; you look terrible. What happened to you?" Hinata said it bluntly.

"Thanks," Kageyama said sarcastically.

They walked in silence towards the building where their class was. They entered the building and walked to their class. Kageyama took a seat, and Hinata took a seat next to him. They sat in silence, waiting for the class to begin.

~

Later that evening, during practice, Kageyama was not on his game. He kept missing easy receives, and his sets were off.

"What's wrong with you?" their new coach asked him during a break.

"I just didn't get a ton of sleep last night," Kageyama said, rubbing his temples.

"To be a good player, you need a healthy body. Take it easy for today, but make sure to get more rest tonight," Coach Ukai said.

Kageyama nodded and went to get a drink of water before resuming practice. He tried to focus more on volleyball, but his head seemed to be spinning. He took a deep breath and brushed it off. It would go away later that night.

After practice, Hinata asked to practice their quick attack, but Kageyama turned him down.

"If we don't work on it, then it will be completely useless," Hinata argued.

"Not everyone can work every minute of every day with the utmost energy. Sometimes people need to take a break. I know that if the quick attack is not perfect, it will be useless, but we still have another 5 days to work on it, and today is not the day," Kageyama said.

"You even agree with what I am saying, so why not?"

"Are you deaf? I told you I needed a break; why can't you just respect my space?" Kageyama snapped before walking away.

Hinata stood there, shocked, before walking back to his dorm to do some homework.

Kageyama went to the vending machine to get a carton of milk. He walked back to his dorm. When he opened the door, he saw Tsukishima making out with Yamaguchi. Kageyama just closed the door and decided to do his homework in the library.

~

a/n: T-T, poor Kags, he didn't need to see that.