6

Hinata was late for the first official practice of the season. He burst into the gym, where everyone else was already there, stretching.

"Hinata, you're late," Daichi said.

"Sorry," Hinata apologized, dropping his bag on the sidelines of the court.

Kageyama reached down and touched his toes, slightly peering up, and Hinata, who was obviously nervous for today, He was fumbling with his things, and his hands were shaking a bit. Kageyama sneered; he was obviously relatively new to the concept of being on a real team.

"All right, everyone, we're going to jog around campus. It is a bit cold outside, so make sure to bring a jacket," Daichi announced.

Kageyama already had his black jacket on, and he followed the rest of the team out the double doors and started jogging. Hinata ran a little to keep up with Kageyama.

"Hey Kageyama," Hinata said, panting slightly.

"Don't tire out so quickly, moron," Kageyama said, speeding up a bit.

Throughout the run, Kageyama kept a consistent pace and wasn't that tired after reaching the gym. Hinata, however, was panting and sweating profusely. Everyone got water, and they sat in a circle according to Daichi's orders.

"Alright, the first thing we are going to do is get to know each other. Teamwork is a big part of volleyball, and to work together, we need to know each other. I'll start. I am Daichi Sawamura, and I am in my 3rd year. I am the captain, and I play opposite hitter."

He gestured to the guy with the silver hair next to him to say something.

"Hi, I'm Koshi Sugawara, and I am also in my 3rd year. I am a setter," he said nervously.

"Hey, I am Asahi Azumane; I am in my 3rd year, and I am an ace and an outside hitter," the dude with a manbun said.

"Hello, I am Yu Nishinoya," the short one said, springing to his feet and pointing at himself with his thumb. " I am in my 2nd year, and I am the libero."

He sat down again, and the guy with the buzzed hair said,"Jeez, Noya, anyway, Ryunosuke Tanaka, 2nd year, outside hitter."

He smiled smugly before he and Nishinoya started bickering. Daichi snapped at them, and they stopped so the next person could go.

Eventually it came around to Kageyama, and he stated all of the information bluntly: " I am Tobio Kageyama, and I am in my 1st year. I hope to be the team setter."

Next was Hinata. " Hey, I am Shoyo Hinata, in my 1st year, and I want to be the ace," he said confidently.

Tsukishima snickered, and the room was silent for a while before Yamaguchi introduced himself.

Tsukishima rolled his eyes before stating his name, saying that he was in his first year and that he would probably end up being a middle blocker.

"Alright, you guys, now that we know each other, we are going to do a couple of drills," Daichi said.

Everyone was standing up when the doors to the gym opened. Everyone's eyes went to the two girls who walked in holding clipboards.

"Sorry, we're late," the taller one said.

Tanaka and Nishinoya swooned over the girl.

"We're the team managers; I'm Kiyoko, and this is Yaichi," she said.

The shorter girl blushed and looked down. She seemed shy. Daichi walked over to Kiyoko to talk to her, and everyone else went to warm up. Kageyama was satisfied with how practice was going so far.