24

Kageyama made a relatively fancy dinner. There were multiple courses of Italian food served. They had pasta and fried mozzarella, among other things.

"Kageyama, you didn't have to cook all of this." Hinata's mother told him.

"I wanted to," Kageyama said.

"This is amazing," Hinata said with his mouthful.

"It isn't too bad," Natsu mumbled.

They all ate until there was little food left on the plates. Kageyama cleaned up and put all of the dishes in the sink. Then he pulled small wine glasses out of the refrigerator. They were filled with chocolate mousse and topped with whipped cream.

"Jeez Tobio, I didn't know you could make all this," Hinata said, immediately shoving a spoonful in his mouth.

"I looked up half of the recipes. I wanted a taste of something foreign," he replied.

There was silence in the dining room; the only thing to be heard was the clanking of spoons against the glasses. They finished dessert, then everyone divided to do their own individual things.

Kageyama moved to go wash the dishes, but Hinata's mother ushered him away from the kitchen.

"Go spend time with Shoyo; you made the meal, and I will clean up. I insist," she said.

Kageyama agreed and headed upstairs after Hinata. He opened the door to Hinata's room to find him lying on the floor, his arms and legs spread out.

"What are you doing, dumbass?" Kageyama asked.

"I'm bored; let's go play volleyball," Hinata said, jumping up.

The two went downstairs and outside to the backyard, where they grabbed a volleyball that was lying on the ground. Kageyama set the ball for Hinata, and he spiked it back, which Kageyama received and sent back towards Hinata.

They sent the ball back and forth for a while, until Hinata missed a receive. Then they began the rally again. They played for a couple of hours before the sun had completely set and it was time to go back inside since it was too dark to play.

When they went inside, the lights were mostly off, and everyone else was upstairs. The two went upstairs and got ready for bed.

It was 9 p.m. when they got in bed, with Hinata lying next to the wall and Kageyama next to him.

"Move your arm," Hinata said.

Kageyama moved his arm around Hinata, then he pulled Hinata to his chest and rested his chin on his head.

"Wait, I made a mistake," Hinata said, his voice muffled.

"Shut up, you moron; no takebacks."Now go to sleep," Kageyama said.

The two rested their eyes shut, and Hinata slowly drifted off to sleep, but Kageyama was still awake. He laid there, stroked Hinata's soft orange hair, and thought. He wasn't thinking about anything in particular, just anything.

Slowly, he relaxed and drifted off to sleep.

~

a/n: short chapter because I don't know what else to write