19

They arrived back at Hinata's house. It was rather small and was a light yellow color with a white door. It stuck out from the other gray and white houses that lined the street.

They all got out of the car, and Kagyema went around to collect the bags out of the trunk.

"Come on, Tobio," Hinata said, grabbing Kageyama's arm.

He dragged Kagyama forward into the house. It was nice and clean; there was a living room to his right and a dining room to his left.

"I'll show you around," Hinata said.

He started making his way up the stairs, and Kageyama followed him. He was led to a room that had a small bed in the corner and a desk pushed up against the wall opposite. Volleyball posters covered the walls, and magazines littered the floor. There was a small door that was a closet and another that led to a bathroom.

"You can drop our stuff here," Hinata said.

Kageyama took out the bags, and the two made their way around the other parts of the house. Natsu had blocked Kageyama off from her own room, refusing to let him in. Hinata showed him the downstairs and then the outside of the house. It was a nice house—not small but just the right size for everyone in the house.

Kageyama walked up to the book shelf in the living room and saw framed pictures of Hinata as a little kid playing volleyball and doing other things. In some of the photos, you could see that some of his teeth were missing. He was still smiling as brightly as ever in each photo.

Hinata stepped in front of the shelf, blocking Kageyama from seeing them.

"Come in; it's time for lunch," Hinata said, leading Kageyama to the dining room.

His mother had prepared a relatively light lunch. She called Natsu down, and everyone took a seat at the round table.

"So, Kageyama, what are you majoring in?" Hinata's mother asked.

"Sports marketing," Kageyama replied.

"You get good grades?"

"Uh, I get passing grades."

Hinata's mother continued to interrogate Kageyama, asking him question after question about himself.

"Mom, I think that's enough," Hinata said.

"Sorry, I am sure you are a good person, Kageyama. Just a mother worrying about her son," she said with a smile.

They continued to eat lunch, and when they were done, Kageyama helped clear the table and wash the dishes. Meanwhile, Hinata was dragged outside to play jump rope.

When Kageyam was done, he sat on the steps of the back porch and watched Hinata play jump rope with his sister.

"You didn't have to help with the dishes,Hinata's mother said, taking a seat next to him.

"I just wanted to make a good impression," Kageyama replied.

"Sorry for all of the questions earlier; I just want my little man to be safe and not with someone who will break his heart," she said.

"It's alright."

The two sat there in silence as they watched the siblings laugh and play in front of them.

~

a/n: I thought I was going to not have this chapter ready because I was on vacation.