17

The week passed, and there were only a couple more days until it was time for a break. Kageyama began packing some of his things. He did leave some of his clothes and other things back at home, but for the first half of the break, he would be with Hinata's family. He was a bit worried about meeting Hinata's mother.

Kageyama peered at the digital clock on his nightstand and saw that it was time for the last practice before break. He stopped packing and grabbed his backpack before leaving to go to practice.

~

"Alright, you guys, this is the final practice before break. I want you guys to relax, but don't be too lazy. Today we'll just do a scrimmage match and a couple of drills, so start warming up," Coach said at the beginning of practice.

Practice started, and everyone moved to begin stretching and warming up. Once everyone had warmed up, they started doing receiving drills. Practice went on as normal.

~(a/n: too lazy to write out the practice)

Later that evening, Kageyama's mother called him.

"Will we be expecting you soon for the holidays?" his mother asked.

"I won't be there until the 23rd, and I have a guest coming over the day after Christmas," Kageyama told her.

"Who will be coming?" his mother questioned.

"It's a surprise," Kageyama replied.

He talked a bit more with his mother before he hung up the phone and turned back to packing a bit more before heading down to the dining hall for dinner.

After dinner, Kageyama took his suitcase off his bed and put it at the end of his bed. He changed into pajamas and got into bed. He watched some radio shows on his phone to pass the time. Kageyama already had the lingering feeling that it was going to be a tough night to sleep.

The seconds turned to minutes, the minutes to hours, and suddenly it was already midnight. Kageyama had turned off his phone a couple of hours ago, and now he was resting his eyes shut, trying to sleep. The room was dead silent; only Tsukishima's light snores filled the room.

Kageyama sat up, threw on a jacket and a pair of shoes, and left the dorm to go and sit at his usual spot in the park. When he got there, he saw Hinata sitting there.

"You can't get a moment away from me, can you?" Kageyama scoffed, sitting down next to Hinata.

"Thanks for waking me up, asshole," Hinata nudged him with her shoulder.

Kageyama remembers that while he was tossing and turning, his leg hit the wall loudly a couple of times. He pretended not to know anything about it.

"Why are you up this late?" Kageyama asked.

Hinata rested his head on Kageyama's shoulder and grabbed his hand, interlacing his fingers.

"I fell asleep, woke up, and my thoughts started moving a mile a minute."

Kageyama nodded, and the two sat there in silence. The only sound that could be heard was the soft blow of the wind and the crickets. Hinata shivered at the cold. He had forgotten a jacket when he left the dorm, and winter was approaching.

Kageyama rolled his eyes, his cheeks tinted a bit red, before sliding off his jacket and wrapping it around Hinata's shoulders.

"Aren't you going to get a cold now?" Hinata asked.

"I'll be fine," Kageyama replied, just above a whisper.

Hinata rested his eyes shut, and soon enough, he found himself falling asleep. Once Kageyama could hear the light snores of the boy beside him, he moved so he could pick Hinata up. Kageyama walked back to the dorms with Hinata sound asleep in his arms.

He brought Hinata back to his own dorm, since he had no means of entering the one next door. Kageyama gently laid Hinata down on his bed and slid the jacket out from under him. He got in bed next to the sleeping boy, who cuddled into his chest and was able to fall asleep.

~

a/n: Omg, they are so cute.