29

⚠TW: Slurs⚠

"Boyfriend?"

Kageyama's mother looked shocked and confused. His father, on the other hand, looked infuriated.

"Go outside I'll be there in a minute," Kageyama told Hinata.

He nodded, exited the house, and left Kageyama to deal with his parents.

"What the hell do you mean by boyfriend?" Kageyama's father seethed.

"What do you think I mean?" Kageyama retorted.

"You're not gay."

"So what if I am?"

"Stop answering me with questions and get out of my house, you faggot," his father said.

Miwa had gone upstairs to begin packing her things. She didn't need to hear any more of what her father had to say. She knew that she was going to leave.

"You are not kicking our son out of this house for being who he is," his mother said, turning to his father.

"Don't side with him. He is no son of ours."

The two argued for a bit longer, and the situation began to escalate. They weren't even talking anymore, only yelling. Hinata could hear it from outside, and he knew what was going on. He knew it would only get worse, and the best he could do was wait for it to end.

"If you don't support our son, then I am filing for divorce, and I am leaving. I knew from the start that you were so evolved in yourself and your masculinity. You never cared about anything else, not me or the rest of your family, and this is the last straw. I am leaving," his mother snapped.

Kageyama went upstairs with his mother as they began packing their things. Kageyama fit as much as he could into his bag. He went into his room to help his mother pack as much of her things as they could in a short period of time. Kageyama carried two of the bags downstairs, and Miwa carried the other two.

They exited the house, their father standing there with his arms crossed. They packed the bags into Miwa's car.

"What happened?" Hinata asked, already knowing well what happened.

"Nothing you need to be concerned about," Kageyama said, walking him to his sister's car.

The two sat in the backseat while Kageyama's mother and sister sat in the passenger and driver seats. Kageyama's mother began crying silently, and that was the only sound that filled the car.

When they reached Miwa's house, Hinata and Kageyama unloaded the bags from the car while Miwa comforted her mother. Once everyone was settled, everyone was properly introduced.

"Hello, sweetheart. I am Tobio's mother, and I am sorry for the issues," she said, hugging Hinata tightly.

"It's nice to meet you," Hinata replied.

"I'm Miwa; sadly, I am related to the grumpy old man over there."

Hinata lagged, and they hugged as well. They talked and got to know each other a bit more. They ordered food since no one felt like cooking anything.

Everyone decided that it would be good to go to bed early. Hinata and Kageyama headed into the guest room and got ready to go to bed.

"I'm sorry," Hinata said to Kageyama.

"You have nothing to be sorry about; now go to sleep."

~

a/n: It's my birthday today, yay!