28

The next day, Kageyama went over and watched his younger cousins open their presents, and he even opened a couple of his own. They stayed for the day before it became late, and they said their goodbyes. They would see each other again soon at the New Year.

The day after was the day that Hinata was coming. His train didn't arrive until the afternoon, and Kageyama tried to hide his excitement from his family as the time was deemed to take forever to pass by.

Kageyama convinced himself that it would take half an hour to get to the train station, even though it only took 15 minutes. He grabbed the car keys from the hook next to the door and opened the door to leave.

"Where are you going?" his mother asked him.

"To pick up my friend from the train station," Kageyama replied, hoping his mother wouldn't say anything else.

"Oh! I can't wait to meet her," his mother said.

Kageyama rolled his eyes and walked out the door, as did his parents. He started the car and pulled out of the driveway. He drove to the train station as fast as he could. Maybe the train was early and he was standing there waiting? What if it started raining? There were multiple possibilities.

When Kageyama got to the train station, he sat on a bench for around 15 minutes before the train arrived, right on time.

Hinata got off the train and looked around rapidly for Kageyama before he spotted him. He smiled, ran full speed at Kageyama, and jumped into his arms. Kageyama kissed Hinata passionately.

"Did you miss me?" Hinata asked when they broke the kiss.

"Dumbass," Kageyama said, moving to kiss him again.

Hinata put his hand in between him and Kageyama, refraining from the kiss. Kageyama put Hinata down on the ground and grabbed Hinata's bag and hand before they began walking to the car.

They got in the car, and Kageyama drove him back to the house. He was nervous about what his parents would think, mostly his father. What would he think?

Kageyama tapped his fingers nervously on the steering wheel as they made their way back to his house. When they got there, Kageyama got out of the car and grabbed Hinata's bag. They walked up to the door, holding hands.

They both took a deep breath before Kageyama opened the door with his free hand. He saw his whole family in the living room.

Kageyama and Hinata entered the house, still holding hands. The expressions on his parents faces changed a bit.

"This is Shoyo Hinata, my boyfriend."

~

a/n: 😱, also, I have a cold, and I might not be able to update every day