Chapter 36. Pop

Mikey stared at the man, he could feel his sense's leave his body and get replace with something else. All he could see at the moment was red, his eyes full on slits, his fangs out in the open, he jumped at the man, he successfully tackled him and went for his neck. The man under him was screaming for help and for creature to stop, he kept trying to shove the thing off him but failed as he couldn't compete with the strength of this abnormal creature. 

Mikey bit the mans neck and puncture the rough skin, letting a rush of copper blood fill his mouth. Mikey drank the gross blood greedily, he only stopped when he  could hear multiple foot steps run towards him. 

Mikey wiped his mouth and took off into the woods, leaving the man bleeding and in pain.    

Mikey walked along the rocky path to his shared house with Swift, he was hoping that Swift was back from his vacation because he was starting to miss being around him all the time. Mikey let out a low sigh and walked up the steps to the door of the house. He notice that the lights in the house were on and he could hear something from behind the door. He quietly pushed the door open to show that Swift was standing there, hands in his pockets as he watch Mikey come inside. 

Mikey let out a gasp but quickly calmed down, "Jeeze you scared me, I thought you were a random person" Mikey laughed and closed the door behind him. 

Swift didn't say anything but he walked up to Mikey and hugged him tightly, Mikey hugged him back as he smiled against his shoulder.

Mikey finally said something after the silence, "You were gone for so long".

Swift hugged Mikey tighter then loosen his grip and looked at Mikey's face, his facial expression was soft and lovey. 

"I missed you so much mi amor" Swift finally said and smiled softly. 

Mikey blushed slightly at the nickname, "I missed you so much too". 

"Do you want to go for a walk?" Swift asked and moved his hands to hold Mikey's.

Mikey nodded and they opened the door and left, closing it behind them as they walked along the rocky path into the woods. 

 They walked passed the trees and sometimes glance towards the sky which was covered with stars. 

They kept walking to the clearing where Swift asked Mikey to be his official partner, Swift stopped walking and turned towards Mikey. 

"Mikey, I have loved you for a long time now and I really do want to spend the rest of our immortals lives together. Waking up next to you, sleeping next to you, spending every moment together, spend the holidays with each other families. So what I really want to say is" Swift was saying to Mikey and went down on one knee and reached into his pocket and pulled out a simple white box. He opened it to show off a simple gold ring. 

"Will you marry me?" He finally asked. 

Mikey was shocked, his mouth hung opened and his eyes went wide as he looked at the ring and then at Swift.  

Mikey was about to say something until they heard multiple screams in the distances, Mikey looked towards the sound and glance around, Swift stood up and did the same. He put the box back in his pocket and the noise finally appeared out of the woods. A horde of angry humans came running out of the woods. 

Mikey recognize one of humans, it was the one he attacked earlier in a state hunger. Mikey and Swift got into fighting stances as the humans ran at them with pitch forks and fire.

Mikey looked at them with humor, "What is this the 1900's!?" He yelled out and got ready to fight. 

Swift turned towards Mikey with a smug smile, "Let's have a quick bite to eat before you answer my question" he winked while Mikey laughed. 

They both took off and quickly started to fight the humans, trying to get them all down as fast as possible. Mikey noticed the guy he attacked before in the middle of the crowd and leaped towards him. 

The man screamed as he fell to the ground, he quickly yelled out, "Wait! Don't kill me I have a child!". Mikey suddenly stopped and got off the man and jumped backwards into another human. Mikey got distracted and attacked the guy behind him, biting the mans neck and pushing the body aside. 

Swift ran towards Mikey, pushing people to the side and he wiped his mouth to get rid of the blood. He picked up Mikey and took off into the darkness, "The fight was getting too boring and I really want your answer to my question" Swift said to Mikey as he dodged trees as he ran. 

When they finally reached a clear area, Swift got down on one knee again and pulled out the ring. Mikey smiled, "Yeah I'll marry you!" He said happily as he tackled Swift. Swift picked him up and twirled him around. They both were cheering and laughing as Swift slid the ring onto Mikey's finger. 

"Now we just have to tell everyone and get married" Mikey said, already stressing over all the work that is coming their way in the future to make this thing nice.  

Swift kissed Mikey's cheek, "We can worry about that tomorrow, for now let's go home and celebrate our engagement!"

Mikey nodded, Swift carried Mikey the whole way home refusing to let Mikey down. 

"I can walk though" Mikey complained. 

"Not at this moment" Swift responded and held onto Mikey tighter, smiling to himself. 

Mikey just blushed and grinned at Swift, thinking to himself of what they need for the wedding to be a success. 

Swift was thinking the same thing but they both kept it to themselves as they sat in comfortable silence. 

Swift walked up the steps and kicked the door opened.