Chapter 15. Getting ready

Kevin told Mikey that he could go walk around and talk to the town folk, in case he lost he would still have a good image with everyone. Mikey was walking along the dirt path heading to the best smelling building. It was like those cartoon pie smells that lifts the person or cat towards the pie, Mikey was basically drooling at the smell, it was something he never smelt before, it was sweet and hot. He was getting closer by the second and he could see the smell from the orange building on 'Maple street'.

"Come to papa you wonderful delicious smell!" Mikey said while licking his lips. 

He starting to run to the building and push opened the doors.

"Hello there! I haven't seen you before you kind of look like someone I know actually" A mutant Gecko lady said while leaning on the counter. 

"Hi! My name is Mikey and I would love to know what is that amazing smell that's coming this place" Mikey excitedly exclaimed. 

"Why Mikey, that smell is a black berry clobber that just came out of the oven" The Gecko said while a smile. 

"Woah! Oh and what's your name?" Mikey asked, not wanting to seem rude. 

"Names Tracy hun, so you like Black Berry clobber?" Tracy asked, while cleaning the counter with a damp rag.

"Actually I've never had one before, I've lived in a sewer most of my life" Mikey laughed.

"Well isn't that just a crime to your taste buds! Go have a seat and we can split it, and it's on the house" Tracy said while heading to the back.

Mikey smiled and quickly went to a two seated table by the window. He waited for a minute or two and then he hear a door open from the back. 

"Alright I added some whipped cream and a few black berries as toppings" Tracy smiled and place it on the table. She was wearing oven mits and she took them off and placed them on the side of the table. 

The pie was already cut and Tracy placed it on a plate and slid it over to Mikey.

"Okay Mikey dig in" Tracy said and handed him a fork.

"Thanks Tracy!" Mikey happily said. 

"So Mikey, tell me about yourself, since you're a new comer and all" Tracy asked while putting a piece of pie in her mouth.

"Well I'm 16, I was born in New York, I'm a ninja and a fantastic one at that.  I have 3 older brothers but they are jerks, but I may of been what they call a 'Problem child'" Mikey said while doing air quotes with his fingers. He stuffed a piece of pie in his mouth " Wow this is good!" Mikey smiled. 

"Oh! and I cook and Bake" Mikey added. 

"Well I could teach you a few things, since you seem to not have been in a actual kitchen in ages." Tracy suggested. 

"You would do that?" Mikey asked. 

"Of course! Not many people here are interested in baking or cooking it will be fun having someone new and get fresh ideas" Tracy said. 

"That would be amazing! Thank you!" Mikey said excitedly.

"Oh also what did you mean by someone you know" Mikey asked with a questionable look.

"This guy named M.C and his brothers live around here and come in sometimes but he's more punkier then you " Tracy told him while putting more pie in her mouth. 

"I think I've met him before! I stayed at a ex-friends farm house and he stopped by and I befriended him" Mikey responded and kept on eating the pie.

"How cool, so since you're new I'm guessing you're doing a fighting challenge later?" Tracy asked.

"Yeah, actually" Mikey nodded. 

"How fun, I'll cheer you on from the side lines" Tracy said while doing her best M above her head.

Mikey laughed and did a T in front of him. 

The front door opened and they both turned their heads and saw Missy, Mikey finally took in on what mutant she was, she was a rabbit. 

"Mikey! There you are, Kevin went to a meeting and I came to get you! We need to get you prep for the fight soon. Oh! and hello Tracy you look and smell amazing as usual" Missy giggled.

Tracy blushed a bit, and rubbed the back of her neck. 
"You too toots" Tracy said with a lazy smile. 

 Missy's short tail did a little flick as she was talking to Tracy. Tracy turned her head to the side smiling. Missy walked behind Tracy and gave her a big hug, she even placed her chin the the gecko mutants head.

"Alright well I must take Mikey now! I'll see you at the fight" Missy smiled. 

"Well thank you Tracy for the pie was great, we'll have to see each other sometime when I win!" Mikey said while giving her a quick wave. 

"See ya two later!" Tracy waved back. Missy opened the door and they both walked out the door and started to walked down the roads back to the town hall. 

"So how am I going to get ready for the big fight?" Mikey asked the rabbit. 

"Well first you'll drink water and eat some cucumbers, then you'll get in some practice  and hang out for a bit" Missy told him while waving by passing town people. 

They kept on walking to the town hall door and they walked in. 

"All the fights happen outside in the middle of the forest so the town doesn't get destroyed or in case anything breaks. But you will trained and get ready on the very top floor." Missy explained while pressing the elevator button. They both stepped in and it began to go up.

"There are 8 floors, the other floors are different work studies and day care centers for children, TV, games, and phones for the teens, and drinking hang out areas for the adults." Missy said while giving him a few more details. 

"Ah well will you look at that, we're are here. Okay you go look around and the helpers will guide you along and help you in whatever you need to train with." Missy said while the doors opened and Mikey stepped out, they ding and closed again.