Chapter 18. Recovering

Mikey laid in a white bed, he was dressed in a basic blue dressing gown, while his arms, head, nose, and legs were covered in white bandages from the bloody fight he was in. He was sleeping peacefully as a nurse was doing her usual checking routine. After she was done checking the last thing off her list she nodded and left the room while closing the door gently on the way out. But was soon opened by none other then the orange vampire M.C. He glanced around at all the gifts Mikeys new found friends left him. He walked towards the bed and stared at Mikey with a little smile. 

"You really are strong aren't you Mikey?" M.C. said softly as he pulled up a nearby chair and sat on the right side of Mikey.

Mikey moved a bit and opened his eyes, but it was kind of hard when he eyes couldn't adjust to the light yet. 

"No...." Mikey said softly, glancing up to M.C.

"No? What do you mean?" M.C. asked. 

Mikey slowly sat up and rubbed his eyes a bit, fully waking up now.

"Do you ever get a little bit tired of life, like you're not really happy but you don't wanna die" Mikey said, but M.C. kept quite for him to keep going.

"Like your hanging by a thread but you gotta survive, cause you gotta survive" Mikey told him while gently touching his bandage nose.

"Like your body's in the room but you're not really there"

A flash back starts to happen in Mikey's head, as he saw himself staying in the living room, with a broken arm as nobody was looking at him.

"Like you have empathy inside but you don't really care" 

He was looking at Raph as he was crying when Mona left the planet but he didn't really care.

"Like you're fresh out of love but it's been in the air"

When both his woman love interests left him.

"Am I past repair" 

As he was looking at all his brothers and friends being hurt by the shredder as his just stood there, watching it all happen. 

Events in his life came rushing back to him back he was quickly brought back to reality when he felt a hand on his shoulder shake him.

"It's okay now Mikey" M.C. said while feeling empathy for him. 

Mikey did a shaky smile.

"Thanks M.C." 

"I'm pretty beaten up aren't I?" Mikey laughed while looking at himself.

"You should see the other guy, he looks like he died and came back to life" M.C. laughed. "You really destroyed my brother."  

"That was your brother!? WOW! He was really strong, oh could you tell me how he could heal quickly?" Mikey asked while being surprised but calm down toward the end.

"I mean...you will know one day young Grasshopper. I can't reveal our family secret now" M.C laughed while trying to get off the subject. Mikey frowned a bit but nodded in agreement.

Mikey dropped the subject and let out a loud yawn.
"I think I'm going to go back to sleep Dude. I'll talk to you some other time" Mikey told him and went to go back to lay down and fell asleep after a few minutes.

M.C. looked at him and patted the open spot next to Mikey and got up from his chair and made his way to the door with a soft sigh.

'I wonder how he'll handle the family secret. I heard that Swift was going to see him in a few days' M.C thought to himself while walking out of the room and made his way down a long hallway.

The building only had 3 floors, but every time a new person became a member of the community, a new hospital room was built, making everyone here have their own room. Family members can share a room that a family member wasn't using. And there was guest rooms for guest of course.

As M.C. passed by windows he found that one was opened. He walked towards it and looked outside, he was currently on the third floor and was trying to decide if will leap out of it and jump on the closet tree or just use the normal way and go to the first floor and out of the main door.

After some 'Careful' thinking and walked backwards from the window and counted down.

"3"

"2"

"1!"

"M.C DON'T YOU DARE JUMP AGAIN!" A doctor yelled and sprint towards M.C. But M.C was already running towards the window and jumped out the ledge.

"Cya later Doc!" M.C smirked and winked at him and he let out a powerful jump toward a near by tree which was a few meters away.

"M.C.!" The doctor yelled but it faded when M.C. leaped out of the tree and started to run down the roads laughing.

"M.C wins again-" M.C was doing a victory dance but stopped midway dance when he remembered he didn't check in on Rebel.

"He'll be fine" M.C. said aloud while putting his hand down behind his head and strut down the road to his home.

Rebel laid in his room, since he was perfectly fine, except for the noticeable scars on his body. He opened his eyes and stared at the ceiling with a blank bored look. He did took a few glances towards the door, seeing if anyone will walk in and greet him but no one came.

"What an amazing fight...." Rebel said and a smiled crawled onto his face. The feelings he held for Mikey was a little spark, but he couldn't figure out if it was real or not. He did want to get to know him and his strength, so maybe they can battle if he successfully befriend him.

Swift knew about the fight from some locals. He was very upset at Rebel how he fought the love of his life. He was going to confront him and not let them touch each other.