Chapter 28. Leaving

Mikey sat on the couch, while the others wait for Swift to return by the entrance to the lair.

"I can't believe he did that" Donnie told Leo and glancing towards Mikey, tapping his foot against the floor.

"I'm glad he landed in the hospital" Leo responded, crossing his arms and goes over towards Mikey.

"How are you feeling?" He asked, taking a seat next to Mikey.

"I've been better" Mikey told him, crossing his own arms and leaning back on the couch.

"Leo, I think I may head back home when Swift gets back" Mikey said.

Leo panicked for a second.

"But you just got here! You can't leave yet" Leo said, grabbing Mikeys hand.

"I was pushed off a building Leo. I'll come by again, I'm just tired" Mikey told him.

Leo thought for a moment but took a deep breath,

"I understand" He finally said.

"Don't worry Leo, I know I messed up a lot when we lived together and I was pretty useless but I'll still hang out with you guys" Mikey said and hugged Leo.

"No...no you may of messed up but it helped us do better and you were never useless. I'm so sorry we said those things" Leo said as he hugged Mikey back and pat his head.

"I could've done better" Mikey said quietly and let go of Leo.

"We could've done better" Raph said as he walked over to them and Donnie joined them.

They all had their bonding moment until they heard someone heading to the lair.

The person started to hum as they walked in.

"Hey Mikey" The person, who is Swift, said and walked over to him and held his hand out.

Mikey grabbed his hand and Swift pulled him up and hugged him.

"You had me scared when I saw you" Swift told Mikey, setting him on the ground.

Mikey apologized and glanced around the lair.

"So you're Swift" Raph said, looking him up and down.

"And you're Raphael" Swift smiled, matching Raphs tone.

"Why did you stalked my brother" Raph said, demanding to know.

"Just felt a new connection towards him that I couldn't let go" Swift grinned.

"Cheesy" Raph scoffed.

"I think it's time for us to go home" Mikey told Swift.

He nodded and they said their goodbyes.

They walked towards the entrance of the lair and left, they walked down the quiet sewer. The water and the their footsteps were the only thing making noise.

Swift looked towards Mikey and cleared his throat.

"I found your hat and my coat outside when walking back from the Hospital" He said.

"Oh thanks, I didn't even realize my hat was missing" Mikey said, rubbing his hand over his head.

"It's with the bike outside" Swift told him.

"Is it me or is it freezing down here?" Mikey asked, doing a visible shiver.

Swift smiled and took off his jacket and placed it on Mikey.

"How many jackets were you wearing?" Mikey asked, questioning how he had two.

Swift wore his white short sleeved shirt and shrugged.

"Don't worry about it" Swift said.

"Aren't you cold?" Mikey asked.

"No, my body is pretty weird. I don't even understand it. It does things I don't think it should" Swift explained.

"Woah" Mikey said quietly, Swift totally forgetting Mikeys obsession over Vampires.

Swift felt embarrassed and just looked ahead.

They continued to walk to the ladder that leads to the man hole. Mikey climbs up first, then Swift. They placed the cover back on and they walked towards the bike. They placed their helmets on and Swift got on the bike first and waited for Mikey.

"You should probably put on the coat there" Mikey said.

Swift nodded and sat up to slip it on.

"Much better" Mikey said and placed his hat under his leg so it wouldn't fly away.

Mikey grabbed onto Swift, then they took off. Mikey smiled and was actually surprised at how warm Swift felt.

He kept quiet and thought about what he should do at home. Probably eat may fall asleep may fight crime, it's a gamble really.

"Do you want to watch a movie tonight or something?" Swift said through the helmet.

"Yeah, what movie?" Mikey asked, forgetting every movie he's ever seen.

"We could watch Dungeons and Dragon, honor among thieves" Swift suggested.

"Didn't that just come out?" Mikey asked, remembering hearing the town folks talk about it.

"The government has their ways on getting things from the humans, we just have to go to the library to rent it out" Swift told Mikey.

"Have you ever played D&D?" Mikey asked, remembering the time he played with his brothers.

"Like once, it was pretty fun. No one wanted to play again because only Ghost knows how to DM and he sucks at it" Swift laughed.

Mikey laughed as well as he felt them go over small rocks and liked the feeling, a little worrying but good.

"I heard the movie was pretty good though, some people wanted more action though" Swift said.

"Action it always good, but is it funny?" Mikey asked, hoping he'll say yes.

"Yeah, I heard it is" Swift said.

"We can make homemade pizza for food!" Mikey said suddenly, getting excited.

"Pizza sounds super good right now" Swift said, his stomach grumbled loudly, Mikeys did the same thing. They both laughed again as Swift slightly lost control but gain it back quickly.

They continue to drive safely until they reached the library, grabbed the movie then went to their house. Swift parked and they both got off, they took their helmets off and they opened the door and went inside. Mikey quickly went to the kitchen to start prepping for Pizza making, and washed his hands.

Swift took the coat and hat off of Mikey and went to their separate rooms to put the items away. Swift got into his pajamas and joined Mikey in the kitchen and washed his own hands. They started to make the dough and sauce.

When the Pizza was cooking Mikey put on his own Pajamas and waited for the pizza to ding and they can watch the movie.