Chapter 34. Visit

Mikey was laying on the couch bored out of his mind. He rolled off the couch and onto his face, he let out a low groan until he heard his phone ding. He reached for his phone that was still on the couch and turned his face to the side to look at it.

"Would you like to meet up today?" The text showed.

Mikey looked at the sender and saw it was from Leatherhead, Mikey smiled and quickly responded.

"Totally bro, I'll be at your place in an hour".

Mikey stood up and quickly grabbed a few of his things and head outside. He walked down the road and put in his headphones, he hummed along to the song, kicking rocks and jumping over branches in his pathway.

It's been a few days since Swift went on his vacation thing with his family and Mikey has been feeling lonely lately. As much as he liked his alone time he was a people person at heart, plus he hadn't visit Leather Head in a while.

Mikey quicken his pace by his excitement as he decided he wanted to be there as soon as possible.

After his travel he finally stood in the sewers where Leather Head was staying.

He knocked on the wall and walked in,

"Hey buddy!" Mikey yelled out and ran at Leather Head and hugged him.

"Hello my friend" Leather Head hugged Mikey back and grinned, he let go and asked, "how was your travel?".

Mikey also let go and responded, "It was okay, and I have so much to tell you" Mikey quickly sat on the make shift couch of old cushions and blankets.

Leather Head walked over a with a quick pace and when he sat down next to Mikey he sank a little into the cushion.

Mikey turned to face Leather Head and began explaining everything.

"So, I started dating Swift and he turned me into a Vampire and now he's been gone for a while on a vacation with his family which I decided to stay home because I wanted me time but I got bored a while later. So what's up with you?"

Leather head listen to his friend talked and thought to himself for a moment.

"I've been attempting to befriend the wild life around here but they all seem scared of me. Expect for this bird, the egg fell through sewer gate and into my hands. It's been with me ever since" Leather Head said as he lifted the bird off his head and held the little bird in his giant hands.

Mikey smiled and pet the bird softly.

"I didn't even notice the little thing on your head, what's it's name?" Mikey asked as he Cooed at the bird.

"I named it turtle" Leather Head said with pride.

Mikey laughed a bit, and then asked

"Turtle? Why name it turtle?"

"Because you're a turtle and my best friend" Leather Head said, slightly embarrassed.

Mikey pupil's enlarged and he cried with joy. "That's so cute dude!" Wiping away his tears.

"Why is your face doing that?" Leatherhead asked, panicking.

"I'm just happy" Mikey said, cleaning his face with his hands and relaxed.

Turtle cooed and rubbed his head against Leather Heads hand and laid down on its side.

Leather Heads tail wagged slightly at Turtles actions, he looked at Mikey and smiled a bit.

"I missed being around you and your brothers on mission's, and your cooking" Leather Head said as he sat Turtle back on his head.

"I miss hanging out with you as well, everything has been so weird and I just miss the normal you know?" Mikey responded and leaned his head against his hand. "Next time we hang out I'll bring pizza soup"

Leather Head perked up at that, "I enjoy that kind of food".

They were both quiet for a moment until Mikey asked, "So what kind of animals are around here?".

Leather Head thought for a moment, "Cats, dogs, birds, mutants, lost delusional humans, turtles, squirrels"

A loud ring came from another room and Leather Head quickly stood up and went towards it, it sounded like he was talking to someone and entered the room again.

"I'm sorry my friend but an emergency has been called, I must take my leave for a while" He said and set Turtle down in his opened cage by the room he entered.

"Alright bro, I'll see you some other time" Mikey said and got up to give Leather Head a hug.

They said their goodbyes and they both went separate ways.

Mikey walked along the sewers humming to himself as he stomped in puddles, and ran his head along the wall.

As he walked in tunnels he thought about what to do next, he wanted food so he went to the nearby pizza place, he stomped in his tracks when he heard a women screamed but he ignored it.

He pulled out his phone and made a order, he told them a random house name and placed the money outside. He watched as the Pizza guy basically walked across the street to the house, grab the money and left the Pizza.

Mikey grinned and grabbed the box and quickly climbed up to the roof of the building. He shoved the slices in his mouth as he sat in silence.

"What are you...?" A shaky voice said behind him.

Mikey stopped mid bite and turn his head, a different kind of hunger struck Mikey.

A human man stood there, wearing a white stain shirt and ripped up jeans, blood is seen to be dripping from his hands as he held a damage bloody trophy, small bits of hair, flesh and goo dripped to the ground.

Mikey finished his slice and stood up, the blood scent invaded his mind as he watched the guy, a bruise and fresh scratch marks were visible on the guys face and arms.

His eyes looked panicked, his hands are shaking, and veins were showing on his neck and head.

Mikey opened his mouth and asked.

"What's with the blood?"