Chapter 12. Finding a place

Mikey decided instead of burning the day away he will go scout out a new place to stay. He grabbed his backpack and doubled checked to make sure everything he brought with him was still in there. And made sure the lights in the house were turned off. He made his way to the woods to see if there was any abandoned houses or sheds around. The forest was naturally damp and branches and moss were everywhere, so Mikey had to be careful when walking around. He jumped over small rivers and climbed over fallen trees, and eventually he found an over ground path.

"This has to lead somewhere!" Mikey whined, his feet were hurting and he had small cuts on his arms and legs.
He followed the path for what seem liked forever, even though it was about an hour of walking and slight running.

He finally made it to the end on the path but it was a big grassy area with old metal parts and wood scattered around. Mikey turned around to look at the forest, only to see that the path was gone. He had a confused look on his face as he walked over to try and find the path.

"It was right here! How am I supposed to leave without a path!?" He freaked.

He wiped some sweat off his forehead and squinted into the distance, his eyes made out a light building. He took a deep breath and did a few hops. He decided that he was going to run all the way there.
He took off in a small jog but immediately got faster when he got closer.

"Booyakasha!" Mikey cheered when he finally saw the colors.
It's walls were orange wood with white parts holding them together. It was pretty small and even had a decent sized porch.
He went up the steps and grabbed the handle. He twisted it to the left and pushed opened the door. Mikey peaked inside and saw most of the walls in there was orange and white. It was dusty but nothing was out of place. He carefully walked inside and shut the door behind him. He walked to the dining room table and saw a book that looked like a journal was placed there. He carefully picked it up and flipped to the latest page.

'This shall be my last entry, my mother is going to die any day now and I need to be with her. But I'm also dying. I'm leaving this house for the next person who comes along, and they can be the owner and they will be given the key by magic' After Mikey read that mark aloud an orange key appeared right next to his hand. "Rad" Mikey smiled and grabbed the key.

'Whoever does find this house please take care of it, it's a magic house to make sure you stay healthy, but there's only so much it can cure. I must leave now, look at other pages for more information about the house
-Kaiden, 1987'

"Wow it's been over 23 years, and this house looks great" Mikey said while looking around with wide eyes.

"I guess I'm the new owner?" Mikey said while walking around the house.
He went into the first room, it has blue walls and white and green rugs. It reminded him of Leo almost exactly like him, there was books, punching bags, swords, fluffy things and space heros.

"This is so creepy" Mikey whispered while touching the posters and books.
He walked out of the room and went into the next one. It was purple, white, Bo-sticks, experiments, chemicals, and science things.

"Just like Donnie..." Mikey smiled.
He figured the next room would look like Raph, so he got up and walked to the room, there was red walls. Punching bags, comics and posters, brown and green rugs.
Mikey smiled at the room.

When he walked out and closed the door. He saw two more rooms, he open a door on the right on the wall, it was different then the others, it was dark blue with black wood. There was black rugs and vampire books, movies, swords, knives, hoodies, and a picture of Mikey.
He walked around to the desk and picked up the picture, it was Mikey on a mission, when he was sleeping, and him at the farm. He saw a TV near the wall and saw that there was a VHS on the ground.
He picked it up and it was label 'memories' being curious he put it in the VHS player and hit play.

"There's Mikey, he's a turtle just like me. I can't wait to watch him get older" A deep voice said.

On the screen was Mikey as a baby.
He skipped forwards it had blood and Mikey slowly growing up, the voice saying how he started to develop feelings for Mikey.

"Someone has been watching me... for 16 years." Mikey said while being in complete shock. He ran back to the room that reminded him of Raph to see a TV that he missed, the VHS was also named 'Memories' and so did the others in the other two room. He walked back into the hallway, and looked at the door he didn't enter yet. He walked towards there and it was brown, just like Master Splinter.
Tears started to flow down Mikeys cheeks as he walked around the room, there was a mini table, tea, a basic bed, weapons around and a Picture of him and all his brother together.

"Dad...." that was a word that Mikey rarely called Splinter.
He walked back to the door, and closed it when he left. He explored the house, he found a room like him, a kitchen that had all the colors around and so did the bathrooms and living room.
The bathrooms all matched a color scheme to the rooms.

"It's like this place was made for me and the others and who ever the dark blue one was" Mikey said while going to sit on on black couch.

"This house is so creepy, whoever is the guy with the dark blue I'm going to give him a piece of my mind he is crazy and a stalker" Mikey said to himself.