Chapter 24. 1 year later

Mikey was laying around on the couch in the living room, feeling like something was missing from his life, Swift walked out of his room and sat next to Mikey. 

“What’s up with you Mike?” Swift asked, looking over towards him. 

Mikey looked up towards Swift and back to the TV,

“I don’t know man, I don’t feel like myself anymore which is weird. And I want to see my family again but it’ll be different.” Mikey told him.

“How different could it be?” Swift asked. 

“I used to be really happy, goofy, and a prankster. But now, since I’ve moved here and met everyone I don’t feel like that, like I don’t have to force it and just be chill” Mikey explained.

Being away from his family for over a year had really made him more relaxed, happy, but made him focus a lot more on his fighting style. 

“Well why can’t you visit them?” Swift asked, confused. 

“Maybe because I’m afraid of what they might do, that I’m different and not what they remember,” Mikey said, sitting up on the couch now and criss- crossed his legs. 

“Maybe you should go see them, I’ll go with you” Swift offered.

“You can wait one more year until you can meet my family” Mikey said, “But maybe I will go visit them, it’s not like I’m doing anything today”. Mikey got up from his spot and made his way to his room. 

Swift sat there for a moment, sighing and going to Mikey’s room before he closed the door

“Can I at least give you a ride back to New York?”.

“You drive?” Mikey asked, shocked.

“I have a motorcycle in town, I can go get it, drop you off and pick up when you need me too,” Swift said, messing with Mikey’s bandana strings, "Why do you still wear this?" Swift asked, twirling the bandana tail around his index finger.

"Yes to the ride, and because it just feels like a part of me. Besides, I look pretty weird without it" Mikey responded, meeting Swifts eyes and gave a slight smile, he moved Swift hand away, "I'm going to put on some clothes and gather some things" Mikey said.

"But you have a shell?" Swift said confused.

"Don't you... ah right you don't have one. Wearing baggy clothes feels pretty nice, even though my shell is small enough to wear small clothes but ya know" Mikey explained to him, Swift put his hands up and went to grab his keys from his room.

Mikey rolled his eyes and closed his room door, he walked to his closet and stared at his clothes.

"What to wear, to meet my brothers again..." Mikey said, tapping his finger against his head.

"Maybe this....and this"

Mikey grabbed a large baggy white shirt with a black outline of a frowny face with eyes as Xs. He also grabbed black baggy jeans, a black hat with the same design as his shirt but white outlined, it even had spikes on the brim, a gift from M.C.

Mikey put on the items he had and went to his long mirror, he posed in front of it and smiled.

"Lookin good lookin good" Mikey said, checking himself out.

Mikey walked out of his room as he heard Swift entered the house,

"Don't you look good" Swift grinned, "here I got you something".

Swift reached into his pocket and pulled out something small and shiny, "Give me your hand".

Mikey held out his hand while Swift slipped on a sliver band ring.

"Didn't think you'd propose so soon" Mikey teased, looking at the ring.

"I won't propose just yet" Swift said, still holding Mikeys hand and looking at the ring.

"Don't you have a matching one?" Mikey asked, taking Swifts other hand and showing the matching rings.

"Well let's get going" Mikey said, letting go of Swifts hands and leaving out the front door.

"Right behind you" Swift grinned and followed behind, shutting the door.

"Hold on to your hat and put on this helmet and jacket" Swift said, tossing Mikey a black helmet and a black leather jacket.

Swift put on his own helmet, and hopped on the front of the motorcycle.

Mikey slipped on the coat, helmet and sat behind Swift.

"Hands around my waist, Mike" Swift said.

Mikey held on tight and sat close to Swift.

Swift made sure everything was good and they set off in a high speed.

"Hey Mike?" A voice said in Mikey's helmet

"God?" Mikey said, looking towards the sky.

"Nah just Swift, it's a head set connection" Swift said, "How would you feel about being a vampire?" He asked.

"I...uh when I was younger I really wanted to be one, and I kind of still do" Mikey said, a little embarrassed by it.

"Maybe one day you can be one" Swift joked.

"Maybe.." Mikey said as he looked at the trees pass by.

"How long until we get there?" Mikey asked.

"At this speed, about an hour or two" Swift estimated.

"Was there anything you experimented when you were younger?" Swift asked.

"I tried practicing with make up I found in the sewers a few times to look like a vampire or to look cool" Mikey said as he tried to think of other things.

"Did it turn out well?" Swift asked.

"Not really, Raph found out and destroyed it. On accident though, but he just gave me a weird look. He tried to get me more but it burned my hand, I have light scars on my hands from it" Mikey explained, opening up one of his hands to see the faint outline along his palms.

"Well I can show you how to do it when we get home later, I have to pick up new make up soon anyways" Swift offered, thinking of the nearest store in New York.

"It could be a fun experience maybe we can make a night out of it and do some other things" Mikey said, trying to plan out the night in his head as he was speaking.

They finally arrived to the man hole, Mikey got off the motorcycle and took off the helmet and replaced it with his hat.

"Lookin rad, Mike n Nike" Swift smiled and adjusted Mikeys hat.

"Why thank you prince of darkness" Mikey said, wiggling his fingers in front of him.

"Call me if you need me heck yell my name and I'll be here in a heart beat" Swift said, making eye contact.

"You got it" Mikey said and stood over the man hole, he shook off his anxiety and took out his phone.

"I'm going to call first" Mikey mumbled and rang Donnie.

"Hello?" The voice said on the other line.

"Hey Don..." Mikey greeted.

"Mikey!?" The voice shouted.

"I'm coming to the lair in a few minutes....be prepared.." Mikey said and hung up the phone.

Mikey opened the lid, turned towards Swift, did a peace sign and jumped down.

Swift closed the lid as he heard the footsteps walk away.

Mikey messed with his shirt as he made his way to the lair, he took several deep breaths as he needed to make one more turned before he sees them.

As he got closer he could hear the brothers talking.

Mikey entered the lair and stood there with a nervous look.

Raph stared at Mikey with a straight face, Leo's eyes were wide as he dropped his comic books, Donnies jaw dropped. Casey was also there, shocked just like the rest of the brothers.

"What up dudes?" Mikey said with a nervous smile.