Chapter 21. New York

The cuts and bruises on the three brother have started to heal, but they have some scars showing.

Raph was laying on the couch watching TV when April walked into the Lair.

"Hi Raph!" She greeted and sat next to him.

"Why are you here" Raph asked, moving away from her.

"I was bored and missed you guys" She said, standing up and going to the Lab.

"Oh Donnie! Want to hang out?" She asked, when she knocked on the door.

He opened the door and stared down at her, his eye bags were visible, and he frowned at her.

"You can't be here right now" Donnie said and went to close the door but April pulled the door opened.

"Why? Because Mikeys not here anymore? You don't need him to talk to me Don" April said, reaching for his hand.

"You knew" Donnie whispered, looking at the floor.

"Knew what? You're so silly Don" She laughed and grabbed his hand, trying to move him outside the door way but he didn't budge.

"Come on Donnie" She said.

"You knew I had feelings for you but you played me, you were 1/5 of the reason he ran away" Donnie said, taking his hand away quickly.

"1/5?" A voice said coming towards them.

"One April said rude things about him over the phone, two I made him feel like an idiot and didn't try to help him, three Raph physically abused him and insulting him, four Leo who actually wasn't that bad to him probably just the expectation for him, five Splinter dying." Donnie explained, to Leo.

"God we are so stupid" Leo said, running his hand down his face in frustration.

Raph stood up front the couch and went to his room, he slammed the door but no one could hear anything happening inside.

"April we need to have a talk" Leo said, seeing Donnie in some mental distress.

"Alright?" April said and followed him to the Dojo.

Leo sat down in the middle and April sat down in front of him.

"April, we've known you for a long time. But I think you should leave us alone" Leo told her.

"What? Why!?" April said, standing up.

"Have you ever told lies to us about Mikey?" Leo asked, standing up as well and staring at her.

"You know what. Yes I did" She told him, crossing his arms. "He deserved it."

"What do you mean he deserved it?" Leo asked, crossing his arms to hide his fists.

"He kept telling me to stop messing with Donnie and to control myself. And I've lied multiple times about him and you all believe me, you didn't at first but I wore you down Leo" She said, sounding confident.

Leo stood quiet and looked at the floor.

"You messed with my perspective of Mikey. I only saw what was wrong with him because of you" Leo said and tapped his foot.

"Exactly" April said.

Leo in fit of rage, brought his fist back and punched April square in the face.

"Ow!" She yelped and covered her nose.

Leo seeing red attack April, punching her multiple times until the door opened, Raph and Donnie ran in, saw the situation and pulled Leo off of her.

"She lied to us about Mikey!" Leo yelled out, trying to reach for her. "She made us think he was terrible and stupid but she caused our thinking."

"But she didn't cause our actions" Raph said.

Raph was holding back Leo while Donnie kept April still.

"Donnie he attack me! What are you doing?" She said to him, trying to get him to let go.

"The next time you step foot in the lair your leaving with a broken bone" Donnie warned and dragged her to the surface. He threw her out and left her there.

"I'll put a tracker on" Donnie said to himself, quickly walking back to the lair and grabbed the supplies he needed.

Leo finally calmed down and fell to his knees, breathing heavy and was slightly shaking.

"If we never met her Mikey would still be here" Leo said, getting Raph to let go.

"What should we do about Mikey?" Raph asked, actually sounding concerned.

"We can probably get Casey to contact him? I think he just needs time by himself for now Raph" Leo said standing up.

He could see Raph thinking about something so Leo hugged Raph,

"He'll be okay Raph, besides its Mikey! If he needs help he'll tell us" Leo said to comfort Raph.

"Yeah you're right Leo" Raph said and hugged Leo back before leaving the Dojo.

"What are you planning on doing now?" Leo asked, watching Raph take the couch cushions off.

"Cleaning the couch because April sat on it" Raph said, going to find Donnie and get chemicals from him.

"Guess I should learn how to do something, maybe make peace with the Toaster" Leo said to himself, walking to the kitchen and stared at the toaster.

"Why do I feel like this toaster is glaring at me?" Leo mumbled and walked up to it with caution.

Leo grabbed the bread slices and put it inside. He waited for a few minutes, and got inpatient and shook the toaster. He looked over it and the toast pop up and hit him right in the face.

"Ow! Why do you hate me!?" Leo yelled and shook the toaster more.

"Maybe because you're shaking it" Donnie said walking up to it. "And you plug it in wrong, you're supposed to use the top outlet and the bottom one doesn't work well with electronics." Donnie explained.

Leo stared at Donnie then the toaster, he grabbed another piece of bread and replaced the toast with it. He changed the cord in the upper outlet and waited for a few seconds. The toast popped up normally.

Leo stared at it and took it out perfectly fine.

"You're a wizard" Leo said turning towards Donnie with stary eyes.

"Correct" Donnie said and lefted the kitchen with all four pieces of toast.

"Give those back!" Leo called out and chased after him.