Chapter 22. Tapes

Mikey explored around his new home some more, he already checked out his, his brothers and Splinters room. All that's left was the dark blue one, he reached for the doorknob and pushed it opened. He scanned the room, seeing posters, a dresser, a TV with a box next to it that had VHS tapes in them. He left the light off for now and closed the door, he put in the oldest looking tape first and waited for it to play.

"Swift look at the camera" A mans voice said from behind the camera.

A little boy turned around and looked at the camera with a big smile.

"Hi papa!" He cheered and waved to the camera.

"So Swift, what are you going to do today?" The man asked, getting down to Swift level.

"I'm going to get a new shirt for my 5th birthday in my second favorite color!" Swift said, practically bouncing in his place.

"What's your second favorite color my boy?" The man asked, showing his hand in the frame and patted Swift head.

"Orange!" Swift said and pulled his father to his room to show off his orange colored belongings.

Mikey looked at the date of the tape showing 1857.

"The video camera wasn't invented until the 1900, why do they have one?" Mikey questioned.

Almost like they heard him, the man said,

"We have to go soon the crystal won't last long"

"Papa where did you get the crystal again? It could be a cool story!" Swift asked.

"I found it with a few friends of mine, it can record moments like this" The man responds, the tape stopped and then showed Swift in his new shirt.

Mikey smiled and pulled out the tape and replaced the one in the VHS.

"Rebel! Gimme my bwat baaacckkk" A voice cried, showing a 4 year old Rebel running from a 3 year old M.C.

"No way! You kweep hitting my lwegs with it!" Rebel said, keeping the bat out of reach.

"Ghosstt help mee" M.C cried as he ran to a quiet child, and held onto his arm.

"Rebel give it" Ghost said, walking up to him and reached for it.

"No way!" Rebel laughed and jumped on the nearby couch, causing Ghost and M.C to chase him, laughing and tripping.

"Swift! Catch!" Rebel called out and threw the bat at him, which hit Swift in the face.

"Rebel!" Swift raged, and ran at Rebel to tackle him.

"Ah!" Rebel yelled and dodged him.

"Get back here!" Swift said and now all the kids were laughing and raging at each other.

The tape ended when the man was laughing.

"Aw" Mikey smiled. Grabbing the text tape. "1867, so 15 years old"

Swift was showed with white face paint, sharp cheeks and smokey eyes. Wearing a black long sleeve button up shirt with a long black fancy neck tie, normal black pants and black boots, he also wore multiple ring and his lip was also pierced at this time.

"Is this a goth?" Mikey asked, recognized the style from some magazines.

"Son when are you going to stop wearing that face paint you look weird especially with no hair" The man said showing off his son.

"I use this make up to express the light I wish to have in my life, away from this dark unmotivated life I currently reside in" Swift said as he grabbed his deep red coat, and bag.

"You look like a vampire" Rebel said, he opened his mouth, hissed and made his hands into a claw.

"The only way I'll be a vampire if it happen in the woods at midnight with just the my new love and I, already turned-" Swift started explaining, grabbing his notebook and writing it down.

"Spare me in the romantic junk and go to the cemetery" Rebel and said, putting his arm around Swifts shoulders, looking at his notebook and reading the lines.

"'The fog wrapped around us as the moon lit his features, the deep sense of love and horror flashes in his eyes as he bled from his neck in my arms, looking at me with soft eyes and a smile'" Rebel read aloud.

"What kind of messed up thoughts are you having" Rebel asked.

"My future beloved and I accepting our new forms in the purest of ways" Swift told him and went to opened the door, grabbing the recording crystal from his father and walking out the door.

Swift closed the door and kept the crystal in his hand as he walked to the cemetery.

"If only the Romance I write in my books were my own reality I can share with my partner" Swift sighed as he tried to imagine his future partner.

"Someone who is the opposite of me can do just right" Swift smiled.

He arrived to the cemetery, he found the empty grave he claimed and sat in it, putting the crystal in front of him as he began to write in his blood red notebook.

He continued to write as the crystal turned off.

"Woah.." Mikey gasped, feeling his face heat up as he watched the man in front of him.

'I want to have that reality with him' Mikey thought, taking the tape out.

Mikey shook his head.

"I can't accept the fact that he stalked me" Mikey said, dropping the tape and putting his hands against his cheeks, his face getting hotter.

"I wonder if I can find that spot.." Mikey said, getting up but something caught his eye in the closet. He walked over and grabbed the item, a grey hoodie, with a skull with white lined roses on it, almost the shape of a sweat shirt but with a zipper.

He slipped it on, it was a bit bagging on him but felt warm and happy in it. He left the room and then the house, making sure the door was closed. He walked through the woods, trying to find a clearing like the one mentioned in Swifts story. He wandered around until the moon started to show, Mikey frowned and headed back to his house replaying the hopefully future scene in his head over and over.