Chapter 43

"What time did Cameron say his party was?" I asked Scarlet hugging her from behind.

She giggled in my arms "It starts at 10 we'll go around 11 since you hate being punctual" she added with a smirk.

There wasn't much to dislike about me but I knew one thing Scarlet did not like was being late. This one I chose, it's easier to camouflage in a party when you are not early. Besides Cameron's party is definitely not where I'd want any attention.

"Hey lo what are you thinking about?" she turns around to look at me, searching for my face for an expression. Her eyes looked tensed as if all my work load has been shifted to her shoulders.

She frowned, "its work isn't it?"

"Yeah it's been a bit crazy, but Natalie has been great help."

"Who's that?"

"Natalie is my colleague, she recently joined in on the new project and taking her on board took a lot of burden off the team and me."

"She good?"

"Great actually, Which reminds me that She is our plus one tonight."

"Wait a minute, our plus one? She doesn't even know Cameron."

"Oh, no, they do. He invited her at the office and I couldn't let her go on her own. She'll feel out of place, so asked her to accompany us."

"I am curious to meet her." Scarlet walked away from my grip. She throws an apple from the kitchen counter at me, which I catch with my left hand.

"Impressive reflexes lo. Were you thinking about her earlier?"

"Nope, I was wondering what you bought for Cameron as gift and how much am I paying for it" I lied. Ofcourse I wouldn't admit that Natalie was really on my mind.

"I bought him a diamond studded new edition ROLEX. I'll send you the bill and you can do the maths."

"Cameron... Lucky dog!"

"He's our best friend."

"True that."