Chapter 42

Work has been stressful lately but having Natalie on board has been a relief. She is a brilliant woman who is amazing at her work and knows how to carry herself well. Over the last few months she has helped the team very much. There's also something very peculiar about her, she looks nervous around me.

Suddenly Cameron walked in my cabin, disturbing my chain of thoughts about Natalie. I don't even know why I was thinking about her.

"Throwing my birthday party this weekend mate. Already informed your girl. Be there."

I had totally forgotten about his birthday, though m sure Scarlet would've remembered.

Suddenly Natalie walked in with a file in her hand. She looked taken aback. "i'm sry I didn't know you had an appointment, I should've knocked."

"It's fine Natalie, come on in. I had come to invite Mr. Workaholic, for my birthday and was just leaving. Oh and by the way you are invited too."

"Me?"

"Yeah, it'll be nice. I'm a good host I promise." he added.

Natalie looked at me while I was blank from work. Honestly it was weird that Camron wanted her to come and I didn't even care if she did or not, really. Maybe he just wanted her to mingle and have fun.

"I'd love to, Camron Sir, thanks for inviting."

"Neh it's fine, just call me Cameron. See you then." and he walked out of office without giving me a second look.

Seconds later Natalie left behind Cameron and had a huge smile plastered on her face. At this point I'm so confused but maybe it was just work stress. I needed to meet deadlines before weekend though I knew Scarlet would have been all excited for the party. Well atleast the birthday gift responsibility is of my head.