Chapter 24

Little did I know that the loyal dog will come back to bite my ass someday. Leo not only ran away with the riches i gave him, but also protected my ex-wife. He let her flee with her lover.

Killing her illegitimate child was not enough, once my mole finds out where they are, it'll be the end of it. In the meantime I read another notification from the detective. Hopefully, by now he has ghe right information. "Give me a good news" I said into the phone.

After a moment of silence he spoke "Sir, her boy friend gave a bag full of money to Tara Piers. The next day I spotted Tara at the party talking to Madam. I recall Madam throwing a drink on her." and he hung up.

Then the flash backs from the party came to me, how Scarlet threw wine on Tara Piers. I needed answers, Why did my ex-wife's boyfriend would pay Scarlet's club mate, a heavy amount of money and What did she say so offensive to Scarlet, that my girl took an extreme action like pouring wine on Tara.

I had to get back home. When I entered the house, I went straight to my room where Scarlet was getting ready to go somewhere. Oh! Damn I almost forgot we were supposed go somewhere. I will pretend like I remember, "hey babe will this shirt be OK for wherever you want to come?". She looked at me from top to bottom as if scanning me and then yelled back, "perfect".

She signed me five more minutes for her to be ready with her hands and asked me to wait in the car. I decided to take a quick look at the text my informer sent earlier, cause I knew I'll be waiting atleast twenty more minutes before Scarlet steps out and locks the front door.