Chapter 13

It had been almost 4 years and she decided to travel to New York. I did not say it out loud but deep within something did not feel right. I asked her and she said it was just a travel trip, but she'd be gone for a month. She wouldnt be here on her birthday, things that I had planned for us, wouldn't be happening.

After dropping her to the airport, I decided to take a flight and land in Newyork on her birthday. As soon as I booked the flight, I felt better about seeing my girl soon, I decided to surprise her. I got back home and got ready to buy a gift for Scarlet.

I was going to propose to my girl, I wanted her to be mine as long as she was alive. On her birthday I was gonna put a ring on it. There were few days to come the flight so I started making some calls and reservations, I wanted it to be as perfect as her. I bought her a shimmering scarlet dress with halter neck line and matching t-strap stilettos, I could only imagine her looking so gorgeous.

13 days later

When I reached the hotel, I called Scarlet's manager to set things up. She sounded worried, "she has been badly injured in accident, ruptured her left foot and back injury". I was at complete loss of words, at that moment I wanted to rush to see her, there was nothing that was going to stop me. I rushed to the hospital, but took a few steps back at the sight of her. I felt all the blood rushing through my body, seeing her in pain, my Scarlet had lost all her color.