Chapter 30

The bar tender had been missing since "he killed Tara Piers". But no one knows where he is, not the club staff, not the media and definitely no cops. Since the Tara Piers's chapter has been closed, Scarlet has been very upset, she thought it happened because of her. Well, only I knew the truth between those lines but I had to make her believe otherwise.

Scarlet thought she was speaking to Tara and that distracted her so she choked over her drink. This actually humoured me, all this killer planning and execution and my naive Scarlet takes away the credit. Not fair, I smiled to myself.

Everyone saw the bar tender running away from the club when Tara pointed out at him while choking, but no one saw him after that. It's like he disappeared in the smoke or got kidnapped. The friends of Tara's poker club were sure that the bar tender took her life, they were ready to throw multiple theories as to why he did that.

Then the question is why would anyone kidnap the killer? Or could the kidnapper be the killer? It's always funny how I think like an intelligent cop. With that kind of fleetness I could smoothly qualify for the police only if I left my job at the mayor's office as his business analyst, which is a much higher paying job indeed.

The media was convinced that the bar tender was the murderer and it wouldn't take much for them to convince the police. It was an eventful day for Scarlet, she has been strongly affected by whatever at CLUB72.

"Don't worry baby, whatever happened at the party or at the club was not your fault, none of it was. At the party whatever the Tara said was probably out of jealousy."

"She choked in front of my eyes..."

"Yeah, I know Scarlet, you only initiated to conversation to apologise to her for throwing the wine on her at the party"

"Do you think that bar tender killed Tara Piers?"

"I wouldn't know that love, I wasn't present at the club. But your poker girl-friends swore that they saw him running away when Tara pointed him out, maybe she was trying to indicate who killed her till the last gulp of air."

"You are so kind to not judge anyone."

"You should be too sweetheart, and you you don't need to talk to anyone, especially not the cops about what happened at the party"

Scarlet nodded her head in agreement. I need to ensure that no body, who was present at the party talks to the investigator about the litter conflict between Tara and Scarlet.

Not that any of it could convict Scarlet in anyway, but one thing or the other could lead to the truth. Some things were better hidden and some incidents are better forgotten. After tucking in Scarlet to bed that night and convincing her that its not her fault, I drove back to the Club for some errands.