Chapter 31

It was important for me to find out what Tara had told the bar tender and how much he knew about me. To determine how long he'd live.

When I reached CLUB 72, I took the outdoor staircase straight up to the room on the roof that the staff rarely used for storage. The bar tender sat there still unconscious on a wooden chair. I did not wanna wake him up but I was running out of time. I did not even want to torture him either, if only he'd answered me right.

The room smelt of mould and the visibility in it was merely low because of the heaps of dust settled on the old furniture. The leather from the worn out couches has been statered on the white sheets covering them. No body really cared to clean this storage precisely why it was so convenient to keep him here.

No one can live here much longer thanks to the dust mites, onece all questions have been answered I am going to release Tara's beloved and off this torture.

"Where did Tara hide the money and who gave it to her?".

"please let go, I don't know what you are talking about"

"You don't know anything? Well, in that case you are of no use to me either"

"No, wait I don't know who gave her all that money or why, she gave the money to me yesterday. We were going to use it settle down in Paris"

"where did you hide the money?"

"it's at 483 Fermoth building locker 72 code no. ......"

"Who else knows about this? "

"Nnn. N... Nobody, you, me and Tara"

"You can keep all that money, I'll give you everything, please let go"

"I don't need your money, I got what I needed to know." I said, before he could plea any further, I intoxicated him again and untied him.

Three hours later when he was about to gain his consciousness, I locked the store room and kept the chair in its place. Then I removed any marks of the rope on him and pushed him off the roof to make it look like a suicide.

Before anyone could realise what had happened, who had jumped off the 5th floor, why he had jumped.... I had left for home. To shower off everything that had happened today.

At no matter what angle the cops look at this case, It only seem like a suicide with a motive of keeping his lover's money. Whenever they find the money they will never know the purpose. They will never know who gave that money to Tara, what she did for that money and where or whom she was going to spend it with.

For me and my Scarlet, Tara Piers had become a hystory, although there was still one last thing to be taken care of. I still had to make that one last call of the day "hey Camron, got a little favour to ask mate"