{Chapter - 34}

《Author's pov》

Y/N was no more allowed to enter the room where she would stay with Taehyung. She would yearn to look at him but Mina tried to keep her out of Taehyung's sight as much as possible.  All the other maids were given leave for unknown period of time and now y/n had to do everything all by herself.  While it seemed to be easy it was actually very difficult because the mansion was really big. Moreover Mina would make sure to give her as much as work as possible.

Y/N was cooking food when suddenly Mina came into the kitchen.  She grabbed y/n by her hair as she flinched in pain and thrashed her to the ground like an object.  Tears came out of her eyes as the pain felt really unbearable.  She looked up to find Mina fuming in anger for some reason.

"What is so different about you? Tae always loved you as his wife but he doesn't even gives an inch of his attention to me." Mina said with burning eyes and started mercilessly beating y/n. It was not new. For the last one week y/n was continuously getting abused by Mina for things she never did.

Whenever Mina would be dissatisfied with something she would treat y/n like that. Y/N wanted to stand for herself but then she knows she will lose Taehyung forever.  She can't risk that even if that meant she has to suffer.

While y/n tried her best to not show the pain, Mina kept on slapping,  punching and kicking her along with abusing her verbally. She was suffering both physically and mentally and all she wanted was a tight hug from Taehyung. However that seemed impossible to her. She couldn't believe how pathetic her situation has become. 

After a while she was harshly pulled up from the cold floor, and Mina looked at her with the most unsympathetic look.

"You are a good for nothing. That's also the reason why Tae forgot you. He didn't forget about me, he remembered who I was but look at you. He completely ignored your existence." Mina said everything with a smirk being all satisfied knowing she hit just the right spot.

Was she really that unimportant to him. Though y/n didn't wanted to take things like that but still Mina's words somehow managed to divert her mind. 

She suddenly remembered the promise he made to her that very day.

"Tae?"

"Hm?"

"You will always love me right? You will never stop loving me na? No matter what happens?"

Taehyung sat straight at her sudden question.  He took her hand in his and looking straight into her eyes he said,  "This Tae belongs only to y/n. Neither he will stop loving you nor he will ever become someone else's. He is always ready to happily give up on his life for his y/n." He said and smiled. 

As the flashback hit her, tears once again formed in her eyes making her vision unclear. Mina left her all alone being satisfied while she curled up into a ball and kept on crying.  She couldn't believe what her fate has brought her upto. She remembered how everytime even for minor wounds Taehyung would take so much care of her, and now she was almost beaten upto death nearly everyday and there was no one.

She remembered how her father would keep her, and Taehyung never failed to follow him.

"Appa, Tae I miss you both." Y/N mumbled while still crying.  She was living in a hell already and there seemed to be no way out. She barely ate anything for the past few days . Also when she would feel really hungry she was only allowed to eat Mina's leftovers.  She remembered that even the maids were allowed to eat all the fancy food they made previously because Taehyung never saw them as something very low.

However y/n's level now has reached upto this point.  She was still sitting on the cold floor when, Taehyung suddenly came inside.  His gaze fell on that little trembling body. She looked in a really bad  condition and Taehyung felt extremely bad for her. It was not the first time he felt like that,  whenever he saw y/n in pain his heart would ache too.  Today he felt terrible at her condition but he had no idea that what resulted into her such condition.

He crouched down at her position and tried to hold her hand but she hissed in pain and immediately flinched. The freshly given bruises didn't go unnoticed by Taehyung.  Tears rolled down his cheeks at her condition.  It seemed like he was the one who was in pain.  A pain that can't be explained in words.

Y/N looked at him in disbelief as he couldn't control his tears at all. It was true when everyone said that the Mafia King had only one weakness and that was his love.  Even though he doesn't remember her he could still feel a strong connection with her. A bond that he didn't know when he formed. He didn't waste any minute to engulf y/n to a warm hug. Something she was really craving for at that moment.

She wanted to hide in his strong arms forever and to never face the reality.  She wanted to melt away with that hug.
After a moment he broke the huh, and looked at y/n's eyes. They were soft not the usual cold ones.

"I don't remember who you are,  but those eyes they seem so familiar. I don't know why but I feel very much connected to you. Even if it was wrong I couldn't stop myself. I am sorry for hugging you suddenly but you seemed to be needing that comfort." Taehyung said in his deep voice which made y/n more emotional.

The words hit her, he may have forgotten her but at the end he loved her. Everything can change but love never changes. He promised and he actually kept the promise. Tears didn't stop this time and y/n cried and hugged Taehyung and he didn't protest it. He hugged her back and kept her in his embrace . She really felt like someone he would die for.

A few minutes later they broke the hug and Taehyung asked this time,  "Who did this to you?" His voice was firm.

"M-mina" y/n's voice shaked a bit as she thought maybe Taehyung will not support her after all he considers her as wife. However his next actions made her speechless. He just picked her up in his arms and brought her to the living room where Mina was sitting like a boss.

Tae helped y/n on her feet and questioned directly to Mina,

"Who gave you the permission to touch her?"