{Chapter - 18}

"I am sorry uncle, I could not keep the promise y/n knows everything now." Taehyung said in a low tone keeping his head low in respect but Mr. Lee's expression changed into worry.

"S-she got to kn-know? How is she Tae?" Lee's question made Taehyung silent. How could he say what condition she was in after getting the news.

"Answer me Tae, I am asking you something!!!"

"She's not good uncle. Her health deteriorated last night but I tried to keep her under as much care as possible." He finally spoke but that did not ease Lee's worry.

Taking a heavy sigh he held Taehyung's one hand and spoke, "My daughter's all responsibility is yours Tae. I hardly have a week in my hand. I know it will be difficult but please handle her. It's a request from a father. She has no one except me in this world. Please"  Taehyung's eyes softened at the old man's begging.

"I will uncle. Also I appointed the best doctors for your treatment. Please rest assured."

Taehyung said which relieved Mr. Lee somehow and he exited the room.

*****

"No we were unable to trace the number. It was used only once just to call you and then it was switched off." Jungkook was giving reports.

"Ugh!! I will kill him for sure. He only deserves death." Taehyung said raging yet trying to keep his calm.

Jungkook just nodded his head in response.

Taehyung was back at his mansion. Going up to his room he didn't notice the little figure of y/n who was working on the kitchen preparing something for Taehyung.

"Y/N!!! Y/N!!? Where are you?" Taehyung's loud voice that was mixed with anger and worriedness echoed the whole house.

He finally found her, standing in the hall waiting for him with a smile. Not understanding the reason for her sudden happiness he looked at her with baffled expressions.

"What is it?"

"Doctor uncle called me today. He said appa can be cured and the treatment has already started. They said it was all possible because of you. So I wanted to say thank you." Y/N said everything in one go to which Taehyung didn't reacted much out of his cold behaviour.

He knows he has to stay away from her so he was about to start avoiding her.

"I also wanted to say something else." Y/N's words made him look at her with raised eyebrows.

"I made this cake for you. I got to know that you love strawberries so here a strawberry cake."

Saying this y/n kept a heart shaped strawberry cake with vanilla cream and strawberry toppings infront of him.

Taehyung didn't knew how to react, that was exactly how his mother used to bake cakes for him. After her death, Taehyung stopped eating cakes even maids were strictly warned about it. And now once again after 12 years there laid the cake infront of him.

He felt his heart aching remembering about whatever happened to his mother. He got so much into his thoughts that he forgot the environment and throwed his hand aggressively.

The silent room echoed with the sound of the plate falling and within a moment the beautiful cake lied there all waste. Something broke too, y/n's heart.

She was not really good but after knowing about her father's health she got really excited and happy and with a lot of hardwork she baked it. Moreover it had the special ingredient of hers. Her 'Love'.

Everything was now wasted. She saw Taehyung just moved out of there without caring about her. She automatically fell on her knees and tears rolled down her cheeks uncontrollably.