Monsters

This is when the kids are growing up. Zoe is 8, Luke is 6, and Silena is 5.

Annabeth POV:

I went to go get my kids from school. Silena is in Kindergarten, Luke is in 1st grade, and Zoe is in 3rd grade.

They're all growing up so fast.

Since Zoe turned 7, she goes to CHB for the summer since monsters will attack.  She's already gotten her own dagger. And she's a legacy of Athena.

I got Silena first and waited 10 minutes for the other two to get out. Silena finishes at 2 and Zoe and Luke finish at 2:30.

"How many minutes more, mommy?" Silena asked. She wants to know when Luke and Zoe will get out.

"About 5 minutes, sweetie" I said.

"Why do I have to go to Kindergarten?" Silena asked. "Luke is in first grade."

"He's older than you" I said. "You'll go to first grade next year."

"Are you sure?" Silena asked.

"Yes, I'm sure sweetheart" I said.

"Oh, okay" Silena said.

The bells rang for the Elementary school, meaning school is done.

I saw Zoe and Luke walking together. They saw Zoe and I and ran up to us. "Mom" they both said.

"Hi sweethearts" I said, as I hugged them. They both hugged Silena too. "Come on let's go home."

Luke and Silena got in their booster seats and Zoe sat on their other side. She's still not old enough to sit in the front.

"You ready?" I asked them.

"Yes" they all cheered. I laughed.

I sat in the driver seat, turned the car on and drove home. We got there, I turned the car off, and got out to get Luke and Silena out of their booster seats.

"Wait there Zoe" I said, once she got out of the car on her own.

"Ok, mom" she said.

I got Luke and Silena out and we all went to the front door.

Once we got inside, I put my keys down on the counter with my bag.

I heard thumping coming from the living room. I look behind me to see Zoe, Luke and Silena taking off their shoes.

Whose making that sound then?

Percy is at work. He comes later. And it barely 3 yet.

"You guys stay right there" I told my kids. "Don't move."

"What is mommy?" Luke asked.

"Shh" I said, putting a finger up to my lips. "Zoe stay with them." I started walking towards the living room. I got my dagger, from my bag, to kill anything. The monsters hopefully.

I see there is nothing and it's all silence.

I look all around the living room. Then suddenly two empousa came from behind me. I saw Kelli and Tammi and smiled at both of them.

"Hi Kelli" I said. "And Tammi."

"You remember us" Kelli said, smiling sickly.

"Why won't I remember?" I said. "You've fought my husband how many times?"

Kelli laughed. I went after her, slashing my way through her. But with Tammi there, both of them will be hard to defeat.

They scrapped my knees, but I could care less. They scratched everywhere.