July 4th

Happy 4th of July.

I kind of did this last night, so it may be a little rushed. But I still hope it's okay.

Annabeth POV:

Today is July 4th and all of our friends are here to watch the fireworks.

Everyone from camp was waiting until sundown on the beach to start shooting the fireworks.

The Seven plus Thalia, Calypso, Nico, Will, and Reyna are here along with tons of campers.

Reyna, Hazel, and Frank got to Camp Half Blood the day before so they'd already be here. Right now our group was sitting in the sand on the beach talking with each other.

"Happy July 4th to you all" Piper said. "This is our first one all together."

"It really is" Hazel said.

"I haven't seen fireworks actually" Calypso said. "It'd be cool to see them. All the colorful lights and bangs of them."

We all laughed.

Leo is working on a firework that would make different colors and spell something out. He didn't tell us what it would spell out, he only told us there would be almost every color you could think of in the firework. He's still working on it and he's been really quiet until right now.

"I'm officially done with this" Leo said, as he showed us the rockets that he made. It was full of color. "Does it look cool?"

"Yeah" Piper said.

"Are you sure you can't tell us what it's going to spell?" Jason asked.

"Uhh yeah" Leo said. "Then the surprise will be ruined."

"Whatever you say Leo" Hazel said.

We laughed. We talked some more and finally the sun started to go down.

"We'll be right back" Percy said as he stood up and held a hand for me to get up. I stood up next to him too.

"Remember. No PDA" Leo said.

"Let them have fun" Jason said.

"Yeah go have fun" Piper said.

Percy and I went to the shallow part of the ocean and put our toes in.

"Why are we here?" I asked, smiling.

"One second" Percy said looking at the sun. As the orange flaming sun reached went down to our level, Percy leaned in to kiss me right in front of the sun. I kissed back holding his neck. We pulled away and stared at each other with smiles.

"Really, Seaweed Brain?" I said, laughing.

"Of course" Percy said. "Love you."

"Love you too" I said. He took my hand and we went back to the group.

They were all trying not to smile.

"What?" Percy asked.

They all looked at one another. Then the laughing started.

"Why are you laughing?" I asked.

"We saw you" Reyna said.

Then Thalia did smooches with her mouth.

"We never have privacy, do we?" Percy asked.

"We don't" I said.

Bang!

We all jumped a little when we heard that. We looked up and saw a red firework.

Them more and more fireworks lit up the darkened sky. There was this really big one that was yellow and caused a loud bang.

"You ready for yours Leo?" Calypso said.

"Not yet" Leo said. "Let's watch a bit more fireworks then."

We all nodded and watched the fireworks go off. Travis and Conner were the ones setting a lot of fireworks and they were all really loud. There were other campers also setting off there own fireworks. Like the Hephaestus cabin.

There were also fireworks coming from all the way in Manhattan. They were doing it so loudly over there. I wish we could see more of the fireworks in Manhattan.

"Okay, I'll do mine now" Leo said. He stood up and went to a firework tube that fires the rocket. He lit the rocket and came back to us. "It should take a minute."

He counted down from three to one. The rocket launched there was so much color, it sprinkled colorful dust all over us. Then we saw what it says. Team Leo Rules!

"Really, Leo" Piper said.

"Thats all" Frank said.

"It's the best I could do" Leo said with a grin.

"Well thank you for sprinkling us with color" I said, looking down at my shimmering hands.

"You guys look good" Leo said.

"At least mine's blue" Percy said.

I looked at him and shook my head. Everyone else rolled their eyes.

We watched the fireworks silently for two hours. I put my head on Percy's shoulder, as the light from the fireworks flashed across my face. Percy put his arms around my shoulders and leaned his head on my head.

Percy kissed my hair and whispered. "I love you, Wise girl."

"I love you too" I muttered before falling asleep, feeling his warmth swallow me and put me to sleep.

The next day I woke up to a smell of the ocean. I don't remember how I got here. I look around me and see Percy sleeping next to me, peacefully. I smiled. That's how I got here.

Again Happy 4th of July.

I hope you enjoyed it. And I hope you see tons of fireworks today.

Peace.