(51) Escape

"OH MY GOD, GUYS! Wake up!" A panicked voice calls out as my body shakes back and forth

"OH MY GOD, GUYS! Wake up!" A panicked voice calls out as my body shakes back and forth. I slowly open my eyes, the sun shining onto me so bright I immediately close my eyes again.

"Dom!" The voice continues to shout, making me realize that the familiar voice belongs to my dear friend Ashley.

I decide to ignore her so I can go back to sleep, but then I start hearing waves from the ocean that's at an alarmingly close distance. I then start feeling the wind blowing on us, so I finally open my eyes back again, only to realize that we're actually still on the beach, Aries resting his head on my arm while sleeping without a care in the world.

I squint my eyes from the bright sky above us, but Ash looks down at me with a wide smile, blocking the sunlight from hitting my face. "Dom, it looks like you really slept well last night," she says, obviously excited to see me sleeping with my supposed 'crush' on the shore like a bunch of castaways. "Anyway, you better get up before the others see you."

"Shit," I whisper under my breath, and then Diane, who's actually standing beside Ash, looks at us with a smug look on her face.

"Aries, wake up. We fell asleep last night," I say, and Aries—the man who is surprisingly not a morning person—grunts and casually buries his face on my chest, instantly making Ash screech like a kid while Diane puts her index finger inside her mouth so she can pretend to gag.

"Uhm babe, we have company, so wake up," I then whisper, and Aries finally moves away from me while stretching his arms.

"What time is it?" Aries asks.

"It's 6 in the morning. Thankfully everyone's passed out drunk, so we're the first to wake up," Diane answers, and Aries finally opens his eyes in shock.

Aries immediately sits up and looks at Ash and Diane while trying his best not to panic. "I can explain," Aries says, but Diane brushes him off while showing Aries her hand so she can help him up.

"It's alright. Ashley won't tell anyone. She's a good kid," Diane reassures us, and Ash looks back at Aries and nods her head to confirm that she's not gonna tell anyone this big secret.

"Thanks for waking us up. I appreciate it," Aries says as he finally grabs Diane's hand so she can help him stand. Ash also helps me up, and then Aris and I brush the sand off our clothes before looking at the two girls staring at us with bright smiles on their faces.

"Is it okay to assume that the person you were talking about last night was President Aries?" Ash then asks, and Aries's ears instantly turn red before I can even answer her question. The reaction made Diane start laughing again. She's probably not used to seeing this version of Aries since he's always so serious around her.

"But don't worry, I won't tell anyone, even my boyfriend. And if you like, I can pretend like I didn't see a thing," Ash says, making Aries shake his head in reply.