(43) Not Bothered

NOTE: Before we begin the chapter, just a little fun fact for my non-Filipino readers! Their endearment, sun & moon, actually comes from their surnames! Aries 'Buan' is derived from the word buwan, which means moon, while Domingo Adlawan is a Bisayan word that means daytime, thus the use of sun. Domingo also means Sunday, so the more you know ;)

IÑIGO, A NAME I completely forgot about ever since Aries and I started dating

IÑIGO, A NAME I completely forgot about ever since Aries and I started dating. I asked Gin about this in the past. And going back, maybe I shouldn't have asked at all. At that time, I just got curious and wondered who Aries usually tabled with at the Red Light Bar. Gin told me it was an employee named Iñigo who was contracted to work in Japan, so he left before I could even meet him. I never went into detail, but there's something about this man that somehow makes me a little nervous.

"Babe, did you hear what I just said?" Aries suddenly asks, making me blink and realize that I'm actually inside a car as Aries drives me back home.

"S-Sorry, I'm just a little tired," I reply, and Aries sighs and looks at me before reaching out to rub his thumb on my cheek.

"Sorry, I should have let you rest."

"No, it's fine. What were you saying again?"

"I was talking about your birthday. It's next week, right? December 8. Mama told me that she was going to cook some food and have a little celebration. Obviously, Gelo's invited, but she suggested that you invite your other friends too," Aries then explains, and all my worries about Iñigo immediately vanished. Maybe I shouldn't worry about him. After all, Aries was just his previous customer. Whatever happened to them in the past shouldn't concern me anymore.

"When did you and Mama talk again? I'm telling you, she's gonna abandon me and claim you as her son instead," I manage to joke, instantly making Aries laugh.

"Idiot, she called me last night to talk about your birthday party."

See, she's even consulting Aries for my birthday party instead of me. The favoritism is seriously unmatched. Even Gelo's getting jealous now.

"Well, it's fine, but the problem is my friends. Arthur and Vicki kinda know that we're already dating, but Justin's as dumb as a sloth. He never connected anything. As I told you before, it's alright with me to tell them we're together, but you...do you think you're ready to share this with them?" I ask, and Aries takes a deep breath and thinks about it for a while.

"I mean, you could...y-you know, just tell them that you invited me as your senior partner. We don't have to say anything," Aries answers, obviously worried and hesitant. He probably thinks he's being selfish again, but he's not. If he's not ready to share this with anyone, even with my friends, then it's alright with me.

"Hey, don't worry about it," I say, reaching out for his hand this time to squeeze it and reassure him that everything's fine. "If you don't want to, we won't do it."