(25) Have It All

"Y-YOUR MOTHER

"Y-YOUR MOTHER...SHE COLLAPSED again. Just this morning, Gelo found her. Thankfully he was able to bring her to the hospital in time," my neighbor explains, instantly making me drop my bag on the floor.

"What did you just say?" I ask in shock, my head instantly spinning as soon as I hear the news. I didn't know if I was going to drop to the ground and just break down like last time, but before I could even think of anything, Aries suddenly reached out to me, instantly making me look in his direction.

"Dom, get in. I'll drive you there," Aries calmly says before looking back at my neighbor. "Sir, can you tell which hospital they took her to?"

"Oh yeah, of course. They brought her to St. Bernard Medical Hospital. Just go straight and make two left turns. You won't miss it. It's beside a public school," he explains, and Aries thanks him before looking back at me.

"Let's go," he says, and I nod my head and finally get inside the car. Without any hesitation, Aries drives off, speeding through the road as my chest beats fast and my hands start trembling.

"She's been having regular checkups now, and I've...I-I've bought all the medicine she needs. So why did she faint again? I don't understand," I nervously say as I start biting the nails on my fingers in panic.

Aries glances at me, and then he suddenly grabs my hand so I wouldn't bite on my nails anymore. I thought he'd eventually let go of it, but he doesn't. He continues to hold onto me tightly while he drives us to the hospital.

"Calm down. When we get to the hospital, you can ask the doctor about her condition. For now, you have to take deep breaths and calm yourself down, okay?" Aries says, making me look at him with my eyes teary.

I immediately wipe my eyes and look out of the window, letting Aries hold my hand so I wouldn't have to be so scared.

"Aries, my mother is everything I have. I endured everything. I sold my fucking body, for god's sake, and I do all that because of her. I do it all because of her," I repeatedly say, tears now falling down my cheeks as I continue to stare out the window.

Aries didn't say anything, but his silence was all that I needed. All he did was hold onto my hand, tightly squeezing it every time he noticed a tear fall. So when we finally arrived at the hospital, I wasn't a total mess anymore.

"You head inside first. I'll just park the car and meet you there," Aries says, letting go of my hand.

"Thank you."

I got off the car and ran inside the hospital. There were already a lot of people inside since this was a public hospital, so I literally had to push through to get to the counter. "What room is Yade Adlawan confined? I'm her son, Domingo Adlawan. I was told she was brought here," I ask the nurse at the front desk, trying not to get pushed by the other people who were all hoping to get a doctor.

The nurse thankfully hears me and checks her computer. "Mrs. Adlawan is in room 204, second floor."

I nod my head and run up the stairs to where my mother can be found. As soon as I got to the second floor, I instantly spotted Gelo sitting outside the room, looking at his phone while wearing a uniform. Looks like he was supposed to go to work today but decided to stay here.