(27) The...Study

"THAT WOULD BE 150 for the tote bags, but if you buy it with the pencil case, we'll give you a 20 peso discount," I say with a bright smile on my face as students from all institutes gather in front of the stall we made for the student council's f...

"THAT WOULD BE 150 for the tote bags, but if you buy it with the pencil case, we'll give you a 20 peso discount," I say with a bright smile on my face as students from all institutes gather in front of the stall we made for the student council's fundraising event where we sell merchandises made by the inmates from the Correction Institute for Women.

"If you allow us to take a picture with you, we won't need the discount," one of the girls bargains, so I happily agree and pose for the camera with them.

The event took 2 hours to finish, and we were able to sell everything before 5:00 PM, which was earlier than we expected. Because of that, we eventually had to wrap things up and call it a day.

Aries only made me join them because he wanted me to get exposed for the pageant, but surprisingly enough, this was a very fulfilling experience. I might join in on their future projects in the future.

"Hey, Dom," someone suddenly calls out while I'm folding the table we used earlier. I turn around and see that it's actually Jesse, the student council's secretary and, if I remember, one of Aries's close friends. "Thanks for your help today. Not a lot is volunteering for these types of events since they're all busy for Foundation Week, so I'm glad you gave us an extra hand," she says with a smile.

"I'd say you're welcome, but Aries is the one who told me to help out," I reveal to her since I feel like it would be too hypocritical of me to accept the praise even though I did this for an entirely different reason.

"Hey, don't worry about it. You still did the task with gusto, so it's fine," Jesse assures me. "But you know, I'm surprised that the pres is helping you like this. He wasn't this eager to help the last pageant contestant in our institute."

"That's probably because he's my senior partner," I say, and Jesse just shrugs her shoulder before patting my back.

"Probably," she says back before finally joining the other council members.

I finished folding the table and got ready to carry it to the storage room. But as I picked the table up, Aries approached me and suddenly handed me a bottle of water. "Here," he says, and a smile instantly appears on my face.

"Thanks."

I gently put the folded table down and grabbed the bottle from his hand before drinking from it. "How much did we earn in today's sales?" I then ask him.

"I haven't checked yet. My treasurer is still computing everything," he answers.

"Well, I hope we earned enough. I had to take pictures with a bunch of students all day. I felt like some kind of celebrity," I jokingly say, and Aries suddenly chuckles, almost making me drop the water because of how beautiful he looked at that exact moment.

"Anyway, you're heading to the storage room, right? Let me come with you. There are a few boxes I have to carry there too," Aries says, and before I can even say anything, he runs off the grab whatever it is he's supposed to grab.