Kcris is rushed to the hospital.

"So, why can’t we give each other a chance to date and be like a normal couple, Jeena."
After having this long-heartfelt discussion, both Kcris and Jeena are weary. Jeena grabs a seat and tries to understand Kcris' point of view on the entire situation. After giving it some thought Jeena agrees, going like, "Okay. We can try... (Kcris is elated for a second by Jeena's answer, but she is interrupted by Jeena as she further adds,) But, I have a few conditions."
Kcris is grinning from ear to ear, as she is on cloud nine, right now. "Okay. Any condition except any negotiations about your smoking habit. You have to quit smoking."
"That's totally fine." After saying this, Jeena pulls out a box of cigarettes from her clutch and asks Kcris to smoke with her.
"Huh? Here, I am asking you to quit smoking and you are asking me to smoke with you. Jeena, can you even think straight right now?"
"Oh-ho! Kcris. This will be my last cigarette, so I want to smoke it with you."
Even though Kcris is reluctant, for Jeena Kcris is ready for almost everything.
And so, Kcris asks Jeena to light one for her. Both Kcris and Jeena go near the terrace boundary wall to smoke. Jeena then takes out a small keychain type of thing which is actually a small ash-box. Jeena places it open on the boundary wall in such a way that it lies between Kcris and her. Jeena lights two cigarettes and gives one to Kcris. Kcris takes a drag and ends up coughing. This makes Jeena laugh like anything.
"Kcris, you smoke like a beginner. Have you ever smoked before this?"
After catching her breath, Kcris goes like, "I have, but only for a very few times."
"Are you for real, Kcris?"
"Yes, Jeena, for real. I don't smoke. I have a weak heart, so because of my surgery, I am not allowed to smoke."
Jeena immediately takes the cigarette from Kcris' hand and yells at her, "Are you stupid, Kcris? You can't just do anything I say."
"It's not a big deal. I can manage a few drags. I sometimes used to smoke with Casey."
Hearing Casey's name makes Jeena feel a bit insecure as she still doesn't know if or not Kcris has dealt with the feelings she had for Casey. This thought has a clear reflection on Jeena's face which Kcris can also see.
Kcris pulls Jeena into a hug before telling her, "Please, listen to me, Jeena. You don't have to worry about this. I indeed loved Casey a lot and I was angry at her too. And, because of you only, I was able to forgive her. Jeena, I can't stop looking for the truth about her death. But, this doesn't mean, I won't be with you completely. You both have different places in my life."
Jeena separates from Kcris and asks her, "Can you ever place me above Casey? Can I ever be at least as important to you as Casey has been?"
Kcris knows whatever thoughts and questions Jeena has are valid and anyone in Jeena's shoes would be the same as her, especially after Alex's cheating and betrayal. So, Kcris calmly tries to explain it to Jeena without getting irritated.
"Jeena, I told you that you both are different people altogether and can't be compared."
"Kcris, I know this, but she had the same feelings for you as I have. As she is no longer with us, isn't it that maybe you are trying to replace her with me?"
Kcris finds this a bit amusing, so she smiles and asks Jeena a hypothetical question.
"Jeena, suppose one day Angelica is not in your life for some reason, can you replace her with me?"
"No matter what the reason is, why would I replace my sister with my partner, Kcris?"
"Exactly, Jeena. Why would I replace my sister with my partner?"
Kcris is feeling happy from inside, even though Jeena has said it unknowingly, she does call Kcris, her partner.
"But, Casey loved you not like a sister, Kcris."
Kcris chuckles and asks Jeena, "And, how do you know about it?"
"I once heard you and Maria talking. I didn't mean to, but I happened to hear you guys argue about it and, so I know."
Kcris smiles and takes Jeena's hand in hers, going like, "How am I responsible for Casey's feelings? For me, she was always my little sister and always will be. And, even if Casey loved me not as a sister, as you just said, Jeena, it can't change my feelings for you. Jeena, I know you have doubts, but give me a chance, and with time you will understand that all your worries have been for nothing."
"Okay. Okay. I'll be your girlfriend, Kcris."
Kcris right away comes close to Jeena to kiss her, but Jeena takes a step back to avoid it and goes like, "Don't forget, I have a few conditions."
Kcris ignores Jeena and kisses her. And then, Kcris whispers to Jeena, "Any condition of my girlfriend is already agreed upon."
Kcris calling Jeena, her girlfriend for the first time gives Jeena goosebumps and makes her feel shy.
"Wow. You are blushing, Jeena?"
Jeena is already feeling shy and Kcris saying this, makes Jeena turn to the other side. This time instead of making Jeena face her, Kcris goes to the other side and stands in front of Jeena. Before Jeena could avoid Kcris again, Kcris pulls her into a hug.
The height difference between Kcris and Jeena makes them look like a perfectly paired couple. Jeena is somewhat up to Kcris' shoulder and this way Jeena can hide her face into Kcris' chest by hugging her tightly.
"Jeena, you can hide your feelings from anyone, but not from me. Even if you want someone to hide your face, it should be me. You never have to hide anything from me. Trust me, I'll never let you lose your face. You got it, Jeena?"
Jeena is still too shy to say anything, but she does nod while hiding her face. All this time, Kcris is slowly caressing Jeena's hair and back.
"Kcris."
"Huh?"
"Can we not tell others about our relationship yet?"
"So, this is your condition! Of course. It's totally up to you, whom you want to tell and when to tell. But, I can't hide it from Tessa. You know it would be practically impossible, right?"
"But only Tessa. No one else. Please."
"Yes, of course, Jeena."
"Kcris, can we go downstairs now? I am feeling cold."
"Yes. But, before that, don't you wanna check your gift?"
"What gift are you saying, Kcris?"
"(Kcris points towards the gift while telling Jeena,)The one placed on the table."
Jeena immediately goes and picks up her present. After unwrapping it, Jeena's eyes are lit seeing the beautiful necklace Kcris has prepared for her. Jeena comes back to Kcris to tell her that it's a really beautiful necklace and asks Kcris to help her put it on. Kcris helps Jeena with the necklace and then tries to hold Jeena's hand while telling her, "Come on girlfriend. Let's go downstairs."
Jeena immediately pulls out her hand which shocks Kcris a bit and makes her ask, "What happened?"
"I am just not used to it yet, Kcris."
"Huh? Haven't we held hands together multiple times already?"
"Yes. But,... Not as your girlfriend."
Listening to this, Kcris has a sheepish grin, which makes Jeena tease Kcris a bit.
"Ae...ae...ae... Kcris, you're so cute when you feel embarrassed or shy."
"Okay, okay. Come on let's go downstairs. Weren't you feeling cold a few seconds earlier?"
"Yes. And Kcris, you need to take your medicine too."
"Yes, my dear girlfriend, whatever you say."
On the way down, in the elevator, Jeena holds Kcris' hand.
"I thought, you needed time to get used to it."
"Yes, and I already took my time, Kcris."
Kcris says nothing and just smiles. They are only halfway down to the party area when Kcris starts to feel dizzy with sudden pinching pain in the chest near her heart. Within no time, Kcris passes out. Jeena panics and doesn't know what to do. So, she calls Amy right away for help, telling her about the entire situation. The moment the elevator stops and the door is open, Peter, Ray, Sean, and Amy are there waiting for them. Kcris is immediately rushed to the hospital.
There is a lot of chaos in the hospital. Everyone is worried just like Jeena, who is sitting silently on a bench placed outside the ICU. Doctors are running tests and Kcris hasn't regained consciousness yet. Because of Kcris' previous surgery and past medical history, everyone is scared like hell, so no one has time to notice Jeena except Peter.
Peter goes to Jeena and gives her some water. Peter tries to comfort Jeena by saying, "Don't worry, Jeena. Kcris will be all right."
Jeena in a poignant voice tells Peter, "Kcris is here, in this state because of me. I asked her to smoke with me."
Peter slightly pats Jeena's shoulder to calm her down. At the same time, Sean comes and starts to berate Jeena by saying, "Yes, it's because of you, Jeena. Kcris was doing all okay before, the moment she disappeared with you for some time, she needed to be rushed to the hospital. Obviously, Jeena, you're to be blamed."
"Shut up, Sean, and leave. If you can't say something nice, better not spew dirt." And, Peter makes Sean leave in anger.
"Jeena, please, don't blame yourself. A cigarette won't do Kcris any harm. It must be some other reason."
While Peter has been trying to calm Jeena down, the doctor comes out of Kcris' room. Peter right away, gets up to ask about Kcris' condition. To which the doctor says, "I just got Miss Pattinson’s previous check-up reports from 3 months back. She must have already known that her heart isn't functioning very well these days. Miss Pattinson was supposed to rest a lot, but I guess she did the opposite. Give us some time to run a few more tests, before we can be sure of her exact condition."
"Okay, doctor. Thank you." And the doctor leaves. Peter then turns to face Jeena, who has a million questions on her face regarding Kcris' condition. So, Peter tries to explain it to Jeena.
"Kcris has a congenital heart disease known as Atrial Septal Defect (ASD). She had her surgery a few years back. Because of this, Kcris always has to keep her health in check. I don't know why she neglected her health this time. Kcris has always been very careful. Trust me, this time also I am sure, it would turn out to be nothing. Kcris has a habit of scaring people. Don't just lose hope, Jeena. Kcris will be all fine."
While Peter is accompanying Jeena, Ray comes to them to inform them that Kcris has regained consciousness and has been shifted from the ICU to a normal room. And also, Kcris wants to see Jeena. Jeena is reluctant to go as she still thinks that she is responsible for Kcris' current condition. But, Peter tells Jeena to go.
The moment Jeena enters, she sees Kcris lying in hospital clothes on the hospital bed and this somehow causes a sharp pinching pain in Jeena's chest as if someone has just put a dagger into her chest. Kcris asks Jeena to come close and sit next to her. Even though the hospital bed is only for the patient, Kcris makes Jeena sit on the bed, next to her and asks Jeena, "I scared you, right?"
"Yes, very much so. I am sorry."
Kcris chuckles and goes like, "Jeena, you have an impact on me, but not that deadly. So, chill."
Hearing this Jeena laughs for a second and then starts to cry while telling Kcris that it's not at all funny. Kcris stretches her arms like a kid asking for a hug. Jeena right away hugs Kcris. Kcris doesn't let go of Jeena and tells her not to worry at all.
"You are wasting your tears, girlfriend. My lifeline is drawn with indelible ink. So, instead of worrying about me, why don't you do something else."
While Kcris is trying to calm Jeena down, Peter, Sean, and Ray along with two senior doctors come in. But, Jeena doesn't notice, so Kcris gestures to them to be quiet.
"Something else? What should I do for you, Kcris?"
Kcris whispers in Jeena's ear that she is craving some white chocolate wafers. Jeena immediately lets go of Kcris and tells her that she will go and get some white chocolate wafers for Kcris. The moment Jeena gets up to leave, she is shocked to see so many people present in the room.
"It's okay, Jeena. You can go."
Once Jeena is out of the room, one of the doctors starts to speak.
"Miss Pattinson, you need immediate surgery. Besides the condition of your heart, you have pulmonary hypertension. Your symptoms have gotten worse since your last check-up. If you wish to get operated within the country, doctors will need time to understand your case before they can devise a plan for your treatment."
Kcris intervenes and goes like, "And, I need surgery ASAP, so I should probably go back to the UK and let my previous surgeon operate on me."
"Yes, Miss Pattinson."
"And everything is already prepared for, right Peter?"
"Yes, Kcris. We shouldn't delay."
Kcris is really angry and upset, but she has no choice as she also knows about her condition.
"Fine, give me one day. I can at least have one day."
Listening to Kcris delay her surgery, even for a single day, makes Sean really angry and so he asks Kcris, "Do you really not value your life? Don't you wanna live? Can't you see how worried everyone is to see you like this? Why do you need one day? What for?"