Kcris meets Alex, the girlfriend.

“Miss, here is your breakfast and laundered clothes as instructed. Ms. Pattinson left early in the morning. She left this for you. (The staff member hands out an envelope to Jeena.) If you need anything else, you can tell me now or call the reception later.”
At the very same moment, Jeena’s phone starts to ring. It is the tone she has personalized for her girlfriend. So she doesn’t check her phone. She instructs the hotel personnel, “It’s ok. I don’t need anything; you can leave now.”
“Thank you, Miss. Have a great day.” And he leaves, closing the door behind him.
Jeena sits on the couch to check the breakfast and realizes it is too much for a single person to finish. Pancakes, waffles, toast, congee, milk, fruits, and a lot more is on the table. Jeena then focuses on the envelope and grabs it open. There is a note and a key card in it. Note said;
“Sorry, we had an emergency at one of our cosmetics research labs on the outskirts of town. By the time you wake up, I would already be in a no-network zone. I am leaving a key card for you in case you need to go out. Have your meals and take some rest, without worrying about anything. I’ll be back by 4 in the evening. –Kcris”
Jeena tries calling Kcris, but can’t reach her. Then she thinks to herself, why would she call Kcris when just now she read that Kcris would be in a no network area. Jeena ignores her thoughts and starts to eat.
After finishing her breakfast, she checks her phone and sees 17 messages, most of which said sorry in one way or another, and a missed call from her girlfriend. Jeena calls her back and from the other side, “I am sorry babe. I was drunk. I don’t know what happened to me. I can’t even dream of hurting you let alone do it. Please come home I really am very sorry. I promise I would never act like this. Please forgive me.”
Jeena interrupts and asks her, “Calm down Alex, I know what happened was a mistake and you would never hurt me. Let’s talk about this when we are home.”
“Where are you now? I’ll pick you up.”
Jeena pauses for a few seconds and then replies, “Alex, let’s eat out. Do you remember, the Japanese restaurant near my university, where we ate on your birthday? I’ll meet you there at 2 P.M.”
Alex happily answers, “Sure babe. I’ll see you there. I love you”.
After the call is disconnected, Jeena takes the charger out of the bag. She puts her phone on charging and leaves for a bath. She gets ready, puts dirty sheets and clothes in the laundry basket, and starts looking for a pen and paper. She writes something on the paper and grabs the envelope given to her in the morning. She takes out the note written by Kcris from the envelope. After thinking for a moment, Jeena puts Kcris’s note in her bag and slides hers into the envelope.
She takes out her phone from charging, puts the charger in the bag, takes the envelope and key card, and leaves the suite right away. At the reception, the lady sees Jeena coming out of the elevator and walking straight to reception, so she asks her, “Miss would you like to check out?”
Jeena thinks for a moment and answers, “Umm… Yes, but I don’t think the suite was booked under my name. It’s under my friend’s name. Actually, she will be returning around 4 pm and I have to leave now so I wanted you to pass this to her. Her name is Kcris”
The reception lady with a confused expression asks Jeena, “Can you tell me the full name please?”
Jeena thinks to herself that she had never asked Kcris’s full name but immediately recalls that the hotel staff addressed her as Ms. Pattinson, so she tells that lady, “Can you please look for Kcris Pattinson?” Right, when the reception lady is about to check in the system, another female staff arrives and asks this lady, “You go and check the laundry room, I will take it from here.” Actually, she is the same person from last night who gave the keycard to Kcris.
“Hello, ma’am my name is Tracey. I am sorry she is new. I heard you were asking to check for Miss Pattinson? May I know how to help you?”
Jeena is getting frustrated because it’s almost 5 minutes and she still can’t leave the hotel, but she keeps her cool and answers her, “Yes, Miss Tracey, please can you help me pass this envelope and key card to Kcris. I have to leave.”
Tracey with a smile replies to Jeena, “Ma’am, you can call me just Tracey. And surely I’ll do it. Is there anything else I can help you with?”
“Tracey, there is still a lot of food, left in the room, which is untouched, can you please make sure it doesn’t get wasted. And some clothes need to be laundered. They are in the laundry basket can you please send them for laundering?”
“Ma’am, don’t worry about the food, Miss Pattinson has already instructed us for the same, and also our hotel has a zero food wastage policy. Dirty laundry will be taken care of once the room is cleaned.”
“How much do I need to pay for the laundry?”
“Ma’am, you don’t have to pay for anything. Everything is settled by Miss Pattinson’s company account.”
“Ok then, thank you, Tracey. I’ll leave now.” The moment Jeena is about to leave, she hears a familiar voice from behind. It is Sky.
Sky immediately asks Jeena, “Hey Jeena, what are you doing here?”
“I was just about to leave and what about you? What brings you here?”
“Umm… my parents are in town for the weekend. They are staying here. So I came to see them. Would you like to grab a coffee? I am craving something sweet too. There is a nice café around the corner.”
Jeena looks at her watch and thinks to herself there is still some time, so she agrees and says, “Ok. No problem. But let me text my girlfriend. She was going to pick me up for lunch, so I’ll ask her to come to the café.”
On the other side, Kcris resolves the laboratory issue earlier than she expected so she returns early. She goes straight to the suite only to find Jeena is not there. So Kcris comes down the elevator and goes straight to the reception. Tracey is still there attending to customers. The moment she sees Kcris, she immediately tells her, “Miss Pattinson, your friend with whom you came last night, has already left an hour ago.” Kcris pulls out her phone from her back pocket to call Jeena and dials her. Kcris can’t reach Jeena as her cellphone is switched off. At the same moment, the receptionist Tracey gives her an envelope saying, “Miss, this is for you.” Kcris glances over it and puts it in her pocket. The envelope has the logo of the hotel, so she thought it must be some sort of party invitation. Kcris gets a lot of these as she is one of the board members.
Tracey looks at Kcris, getting worried and immediately recalls, “Miss, your friend left with Miss Sky. You can ask her”
Kcris confirms, “Ray’s sister… Sky… right?”
“Yes, Miss Pattinson.”
“Thanks, Tracey”
Kcris calls Sky and asks her, “Where are you? Is Jeena with you? What was the last place you two were together? Was she ok?” Kcris is interrupted by Sky, “I can’t listen to you properly. Can you slow down? I am with Jeena in CC square café.”
“Oops, what’s wrong with her? Why did she disconnect abruptly?”
Jeena looks up to Sky with a confused expression, “Huh... who did what?”
Sky answers, “It was Kcris. She was asking about you and before I could finish she disconnected the call.” Jeena stays mum.
Kcris goes out straight to the café, where she sees Jeena and Sky talking to each other comfortably. Kcris nears them and the moment Sky sees her, she practically jumps off her chair and hugs Kcris. Kcris strolls Sky’s hair with one hand while keeping her eyes fixed on Jeena and asks, “How are you doing little girl? Is your leg ok?”
Sky answers with a smile, “My leg and me both are doing good.” And the same time their buzzer beeps as their order is ready. Sky lets go of Kcris to go get the order and asks her, “Should I get something for you?”
“Yes one iced Americano, please. And here, take my card for paying.”
Sky goes to take the order and Kcris grabs a chair for herself. She sits on the chair, still keeping her eyes on Jeena, and goes like, “Why did you run away without telling? I was worried.”
Jeena uncomfortably answers, “I wasn’t prisoned so, how come I ran away? And I left you a note as I couldn’t reach you on phone.”
“What note are you talking about, Jeena?”
“Kcris, the one I left for you at reception.”
After thinking for a moment, Kcris pulls out an envelope from her pocket asking, “Are you talking about this one? I thought it is some party invitation as it has the hotel logo.”
“Yes, this one. You should have checked it before panicking. I didn’t have any spare envelope with me so I placed in the one you left me this morning”
Kcris apologies, “I am sorry I was worried not finding you in the suite and the moment Sky told me you were here, I rushed over. I was worried about your safety what if something like last night would have happened again?”
Jeena smiles and says, “Kcris don’t worry, I and my girlfriend have already made up and she is coming to pick me up. She is not a bad person, Kcris. She loves me a lot and takes good care of me.”
Kcris feels annoyed, “What if she hurts you again? What if I…”. Kcris instantly shuts up as she realizes, she is being nosy.
Jeena assures Kcris, “It was a misunderstanding on both our parts and she has never done anything like that before. She knows her mistake and is already feeling bad about it.”
Sky on the other side, while picking up the order asks the waitress, “I need to order one iced Americano. Can I have it now or do I need to wait?” The waitress politely refuses, saying, “Sorry ma’am you can’t cut the line as there are other customers too who are waiting.” And suddenly she asks, “Is that Kcristina?”
Sky answers in surprise, “Yes, it is her.”
“Ma’am you go to your table. I’ll bring your iced Americano in a moment.”
Sky is all stunned by the change in the behavior of the waitress. She gives the card to the waitress, “Take this for payment.” The waitress refuses to take it and says, “It’s on the house.”
Sky picks the order and walks to their table. Sky who is still lost in her thoughts is disturbed by Kcris, “What took you so long, kiddo?” Sky gives Kcris’s card back and says, “Do you know someone here too? I mean, the waitress said that she will bring your coffee to the table and it’s on the house.”
“Oh, it must be Maria. She is not the waitress here. She must be helping out today. She is the owner.”
Among all this discussion, Jeena’s girlfriend Alex appears. She puts her hand on Jeena’s waist, kisses her cheek, and goes like, “Babe I am really very sorry. I know no explanation can justify my behavior, but still, I want you to know what exactly happened.” Jeena puts her finger on Alex’s lips and goes like, “Can we talk about this when we are home?”
“Ok.” And Alex sits next to Jeena. Jeena introduces Alex to Kcris and Sky. Alex turns to Kcris and says, “Thanks for taking care of my little girl last night for me.”
Kcris answers in an annoyed tone, “It’s your job. Don’t make others do it for you. I hope there is no such next time else, your girl may be taken away by someone. She is too good for anyone.”
Before Alex could answer, Maria, brings one iced Americano and a piece of blueberry cheesecake to the table and goes like, “Your iced Americano and blueberry cheesecake… on the house.”
Kcris amusingly says, “If you keep on giving freebies like this, Maria, it’s highly probable that you’ll soon run out of business.”
“What you gave me is nothing compared to this. You gave me a beautiful second chance at life.”
Kcris being humble instantly says, “You got what you truly deserved. I was just lucky to have helped you. Anyway, what’s with this cake? Did you run out of red velvet flavor?
“No, we didn’t. Kristina, I think you should stop eating her favorites now and start to eat what you actually like… what your favorite is.”
Kcris with a sad smile, “It has been quite a long. Even I forgot that I liked the blueberries. How could you know about this?”
Maria smiles and answers Kcris, “Isn’t it obvious? Even though she left you like this, you are always the one she loved the most. You were her only topic to talk about, nonstop for hours.”
Sky is sipping her coffee silently whereas Alex and Jeena are sitting silently with blank expressions on their faces. Eventually, Jeena asks, “Who are you two talking about?”
Maria answers, “It’s Casey… Kcristina’s.” Before she could finish Kcris holds her hand tightly, moving her head sideways. Maria gets what Kcris is trying to do, so she withdraws herself a bit from the table and slightly bows. “Please enjoy and have a great day.” And Maria leaves.