One fine day...

The alarm goes off. It's 6 in the morning. Jeena gets up, turns off the alarm, and gets out of bed. Jeena puts on a shrug and goes to the kitchen. She then opens the back side window of the kitchen to stand in front of it. A gush of early morning breeze swirls through Jeena's hair. Though it's summer, early morning air is always a bit cold. A jolt of spark passes through Jeena's body when this chilling morning wind hits Jeena's face. There is a wide range of flowers planted in the backside garden of the house. This is what Jeena has always loved about living in this house. Alarm is just an excuse, it's this fresh morning air mixed with the fragrance of various flowers that wakes up Jeena every day. While Jeena is imbibing this view and freshness with closed eyes, the only words that come out of her mouth are 'Good morning, Kcris.'
Jeena closes the window and goes to the backside of the house to pluck some flowers from the flower garden. Jeena plucks a total of six flowers which include two roses, two lilies, one tulip, and a sunflower. Jeena brings the flowers back to the house, cleans them, and beautifully ties them together with a red ribbon.
After cooking breakfast and packing lunch for the day, Jeena goes to take a shower. After getting ready, Jeena is silently eating her breakfast at the dining table when the doorbell rings. Jeena gets the door.
"Good morning ma'am."
"Good morning, Fiona. How many times do I have to tell you not to call me ma'am? Just 'Jeena' is fine."
"Sorry, ma'am."
"Oh-ho! Forget it, Fiona. It's just wishful thinking. By the way, do you want some breakfast?"
"No, ma'am. I had it before coming here."
Jeena continues having her breakfast while instructing Fiona.
"Today, I have to attend a morning class at the university. Then, I will go to the company I am interning with. After getting off work, I will go for a shoot at Neil's... I mean... Kcris' company. Today, we will probably be done by 11 during the night."
"Okay, ma'am. And your visit to the hospital will be the same as every day, right?"
"Yes. And, please, wait while I'll put the dishes in the kitchen sink and then we can get moving."
There are two bags, one sling bag, and another duffle bag, that Jeena usually carries with her to work. Fiona picks both the bags and is about to pick the flowers when Jeena stops her saying, "I'll take the flowers. You just take the bags to the car."
"Okay. ma'am."
Before going to college, Jeena's car makes a stop at the Mary's Care hospital. Jeena goes inside the hospital room and asks Fiona to wait outside.
While replacing the old flowers with the new ones that Jeena has brought with her, Jeena keeps on talking, saying, "You know what... I am learning about self-defense these days... But, today I won't be able to hit the gym as I have a late-night shoot. I also got an offer for a short movie. I haven't said yes yet... But, I am not sure... Will I be able to pull it off or not?"
Tears are falling from Jeena's eyes while she is saying all this. Jeena wipes her tears and goes to sit on the side chair.
"Kcris, please, wake up." Saying this, Jeena starts to cry like a baby who is unable to find his mother.
Jeena holds Kcris' hand who has been lying unconscious on the hospital bed for months, and says, "Kcris, you have missed so much. You have missed my birthday, Neil's birthday. Not only this... You have missed our first anniversary, our one-and-a-half-year anniversary."
Jeena continues to wail like a baby, going like, "Kcris, without you everything is changed. Neil is not the same carefree person he used to be. He doesn't sing or play instruments anymore. The only thing he does is work. I have to take a bodyguard every time I get out. Our lives have changed. Even our smiles are changed. The fake smiles that we wear for the world don't do us justice."
After talking for a few more minutes, Jeena kisses Kcris' forehead and leaves saying, "I love you, Kcris. We all love you and are desperately waiting for you to return to us."
Jeena is halfway to college when she gets a call from the hospital saying Kcris has regained consciousness. Jeena asks Fiona to take a U-turn as they are going back to the hospital. When Jeena reaches the hospital, Neil is already there.
"Why are you outside, Neil? How is Kcris?"
"Doctors are examining her. We need to wait before we can see her."
Jeena starts to cry as she doesn't know what to feel. So many emotions have taken over her. This overwhelming feeling is difficult for Jeena to deal with. Neil hugs Jeena and strokes her hair saying, "Jeena, you have been so strong till now. Why give up now? Jeena, our Kcris is back. Be happy. Don't cry. My sister will be seeing us after so long. So, I don't think you want her to feel bad seeing you like this."
The doctors come out of the room saying that they can see the patient. Without paying any heed to anything else, Neil and Jeena go inside the room. Kcris is out of the coma and the first thing that catches Kcris' eyes is the necklace Jeena is wearing. It's the same that Kcris has got for Jeena as a present on the day of their accident.
____________________
Here comes the end to the 'glimpse into the first chapter'. Let's see each other in 'KCRIS & JEENA: PART-2'. Till then, HAPPY READING.
____________________ THE END.