Alaric kisses Kcris.

Jeena is still in a semi-sleep state, so she barely manages not to fall. Jeena closes the door and helps Kcris walk up to the couch in the living room, which basically means dragging Kcris up to the couch. Jeena literally throws Kcris on the couch while she herself sits on the floor, resting her back alongside the couch to catch her breath. Jeena out of spite hits on Kcris' leg, going like, "How much liquid weight have you put on by drinking, Kcris? Even a person dropped in a dunk tank of alcohol would stink less than you."
Kcris who has been lying on the couch, all of a sudden sits straight and goes like, "You too are gonna leave me."
Jeena slides up and sits on the couch, next to Kcris. As Kcris is drunk to her full capacity, it is very difficult for Jeena to understand the words coming out of Kcris' mouth. So, she asks Kcris to repeat.
"You'll be like others and leave me just the same way they did."
Jeena is confused as all she can hear is just some fumbled words coming from a drunkard's mouth. Jeena gets up to get a glass of water for Kcris, but Kcris pulls her down, making her sit on the couch again. Kcris then tries to kiss Jeena, but Jeena pushes her away.
Kcris is so drunk that she could hardly understand, whatever she is doing is so wrong and by forcing herself upon Jeena, she would not only hurt Jeena but also make herself regret her actions for the entire life.
After Jeena pushes Kcris away, Kcris pounces upon Jeena in such a way that Jeena's legs are squeezed between Kcris' legs. Not only this, Kcris presses Jeena's both hands behind Jeena's head. Now the situation is like this, Jeena is pinned on the couch and Kcris is above Jeena trying to kiss her. Jeena can't move as her arms and legs are locked by Kcris' hands and legs. The only movement Jeena is left with, is her neck movement. The moment Kcris tries to kiss Jeena, she turns her face to the other side. Kcris tries again, but Jeena fights with her full might.
The constant struggle by Jeena to set her hands free of Kcris' grip has led to terrible pain in Jeena's hands. Jeena finally surrenders and let loose her entire body. Though Kcris can feel this immediately, the drinks she has had before coming home, aren't letting her mind process it any faster. Now, Jeena in her head is like, "Fine Kcris. I am done fighting. Do whatever you want."
Out of angst, Jeena kisses Kcris. But, the moment Jeena's lips touch Kcris' lips, she lets go of Jeena and stands on her feet. Because of all the booze, Kcris has in her stomach, she can't stand straight for much longer, so she sits on the floor with her legs crossed. Before Jeena can understand anything, tears are coming out of Kcris' eyes. It seems like, the peck Jeena gave on Kcris' lips has sent Kcris on a trip down memory lane.
Jeena has no idea about what is happening with Kcris or for that matter why Kcris is behaving like this. Whatever Kcris is thinking is hurting Kcris so much that tears coming out of her eyes aren't stopping. Jeena is worried as she has never seen Kcris cry like this before except for the time she told Jeena about Casey. Jeena comes down from the couch and sits in front of Kcris, on the floor with her legs crossed, in the same way as Kcris. Jeena then takes Kcris' hands in her hands and calmly asks Kcris, what is wrong with her. Though Kcris is a person who prefers to keep her feelings to herself, she can't refuse to express her feelings in front of Jeena because of the way Jeena has been tending to her i.e. with so much care and concern.
"Ria has left me. I miss her. You know what, I went to see her at school. But, seeing her the way she was... Her new father has come to pick her up from school. She was so happy. It felt like she really loves her new family. So, I didn't dare to go in front of her. I only saw her from afar and came back."
Jeena lightly pats Kcris' hand, telling her she has done well.
"Kcris, you are very brave to let go of Ria like this for her own good. You are a good person."
Kcris pulls her hand out of Jeena's hand, going like, "I am not a good person. If I were, my dad, my mom, Casey, and now Ria wouldn't have left me."
Now, Jeena knows why Kcris has been crying. Kcris is hurting a lot from the inside. It seems Kcris has bottled up a lot of emotions inside her and Ria's adoption has stirred all those emotions once again. Jeena stands on her knees and hugs Kcris. Kcris is resisting a lot, but Jeena doesn't let it stop her from holding Kcris tightly in a way to comfort her.
"I am here for you, Kcris. You can share all your pain with me. Even though these people are no longer with you, they have always loved you with their full hearts."
Listening to this, Kcris pushes Jeena away and yells at her, "What should I do with the love when those people aren't around anymore? Huh?... Wouldn't it be nicer if they stayed while hating me? Love, hate, whatever... Them being with me, would have meant the world to me. I'll never forgive them for leaving."
"Kcris, please..."
"You're taking their side because you want to leave me just the way they did."
"Kcris, you are misunderstanding. It's not like that."
"I know that you can't love anyone like Alex. But, can't you see, how much you mean to me? I hate myself for worrying about you all the time. I don't know why I feel so protective of you. I hate to feel this fear."
"What fear, Kcris? What are you talking about?"
"That, it's just a matter of time before I'll lose you too. I don't want to get hurt again."
After saying this, Kcris gets up from the floor and goes straight to her room. While Jeena is still sitting there, thinking to herself about what just happened.
"Does Kcris like me? Was Ayesha right about Kcris? What exactly did Kcris mean by feeling protective of me? Why is she scared of losing me?"
And numerous other questions that needed brainstorming have started to occupy Jeena's brain. Usually, in such cases, Jeena would follow Kcris to check if she is okay. But, this time Jeena is so confused and most importantly shocked by Kcris' drunk talk that the only thing Jeena can think of is going to her room. The entire night, Jeena couldn't get even a single minute of sleep. Jeena can't take it anymore. One night of restlessness is enough to make her go and ask someone to help her understand the ongoing spectacle of her life.
The next afternoon, when Kcris wakes up, she has a bad hangover. Kcris comes out of her room only to see Neil sitting at the dining table with lots of food.
"When did you come here, Neil? And why did you buy so much food?"
"No, no... I didn't buy any food. All this (pointing towards the dishes on the table) was prepared by Jeena for you last night."
"What? Jeena was here?"
"Obviously, sis. Jeena was here. In fact, she is the one who called me this morning and asked me to come over."
After hearing this, Kcris goes to Jeena's room and knocks.
While taking his next bite of delicious food made by Jeena, Neil goes like, "No one is inside. Jeena had something to take care of, so she left, leaving me in charge of my drunkard sister."
After saying this, Neil thinks to himself, "Never thought that your friend could be as bossy as you, sister."
Kcris then comes to the table and makes a call to Jeena. But, the call isn’t answered. Kcris, in frustration, tells Neil to stop eating.
"Why should I stop? Jeena told me I can have as much food as possible."
Kcris snatches Neil's plate and starts to eat while telling him that Jeena has prepared the food for her, so only she can eat it.
"Okay. Okay. You eat. But, sis, you have a meeting in 2 hours which you can't put off anymore."
"Yes, Neil. I do remember. But, this is weird."
"What is weird, sis?"
"If Jeena was here last night and she prepared so much food, why don't I remember her being here?"
"The answer to this is the simplest. Because... you, my dear sister, were drunk beyond your limit."
Kcris' phone starts to ring which she picks up in a hurry, thinking, it's Jeena. But, to Kcris' disappointment, it's Maria. Kcris can't hide her feelings and almost yells at Maria asking her, "What do you need, Maria?"
"Kcristina, are you okay?"
Kcris immediately realizes her mistake and apologizes, "I am sorry, Maria. Actually, I wanted to talk to Jeena, but she isn't taking my call. So, I got a little frustrated. Sorry."
"If I knew, I would have called you a bit early. Jeena was here at my cafe with a friend."
"I am coming there, right now."
"Hold your horses, Kcris. She just left 10 minutes ago."
"Ahh! Okay. But, why did you call me, Maria? Is everything okay?"
"I called you so that you could talk some sense into my daughter. She is having a high fever and she still wants to go on her school trip. Maybe you can talk to her and make her let go of this obstinate behavior."
"Sure. I'll talk to her. You don't worry."
After talking to Maria, Kcris takes a shower, gets ready, and leaves for her office.
After the meeting is over, Kcris gets busy with work in her office. And this is when Alaric visits Kcris. As Tessa isn't at her desk, he barges straight into Kcris' office.
"How come you are here in my office, Alaric? And, where is Tessa? Why didn't she inform me?"
"Well, Tessa... right now, she can be anywhere but her desk. Besides, I am not here for business-related things and that's why you don't have any appointment with me. It's a bit personal."
On the other side, Jeena reaches Kcris' office building as she wants to have a face-to-face conversation with Kcris. Upon reaching Kcris' floor, Jeena meets Tessa at the front desk.
"Hi, Tessa. Is Kcris in some meeting? Or is she free? Actually, I need to talk to her. Can I see her?"
"No, no, Ms. Jeena. She is free. You can go and see her in the office."
"Thank you, Tessa."
"Miss Jeena."
"Yes, Tessa."
"I am going to get Miss Pattinson's coffee. Would you like some?"
"Umm... Yeah sure. I'll have an iced Americano. Thanks, Tessa."
And then Jeena goes towards Kcris' office. Here in Kcris' office, Kcris warns Alaric not to barge into her office like that ever again.
"Anyway, what do you want to discuss, Alaric?"
"Kcris, can you please come here and stand in front of me?"
"Aren't you a little too demanding, Alaric?"
Despite not wanting, Kcris does come and stands in front of Alaric as she quickly wants to get over the ongoing drama and send Alaric out of her office.
Alaric moves to stand closer to Kcris and tells Kcris that he likes her. Before Kcris could say or react to this in any way, Alaric starts to passionately kiss Kcris. Kcris pushes Alaric away, yelling, "Are you crazy, Alaric?"
Both Kcris and Alaric are startled by each other's behavior. Kcris; because she has never thought that Alaric would do something so stupid like this, and Alaric; because he has been under the impression that Kcris likes him too and so she shouldn’t have pushed him.
"I thought you too liked me?"
"When did I say so, Alaric?"
"Then why did you go drinking with me?"
"Just as a friend... You know?... the common practice where two friends go and have a few drinks and have fun... How hard is it for you to understand, Alaric? I didn't like you BACK THEN. And I don't like you NOW."
Before Alaric can figure out what is happening or what he should say, there is a knock on the door and Tessa comes inside Kcris' office with coffee in both of her hands.
Kcris is very angry because of Alaric's actions and so without realizing she shouts at Tessa.
"NOT NOW, TESSA."
"Sorry, ma'am. I came with yours and Ms. Jeena's coffee."
"I SAID, NOT NOW."
Tessa turns to walk out of Kcris' office when Kcris goes like, "Wait. Did you say coffee for me and Jeena?"
"Yes, ma'am. Ms. Jeena told me to get an iced Americano for her."
"But, why would you bring Jeena's coffee here, in my office."
"Because she came here to see you."
"When? She didn't come here. Aren't you confused or something, Tessa?"
"No, ma'am. I am not confused. Ms. Jeena met me at the front desk asking if you are free and can see her. She came to talk to you. And that's when I asked if she wanted some coffee."
"But, Tessa... Jeena didn't come in here at all."
"Ms. Jeena did come to this side. I saw her myself."
Kcris right away grabs her jacket to rush out of her office. Alaric stops Kcris by blocking her path, saying, "We aren't done talking, Kcris."
"Yes, we are done talking. Tessa, please show Mr. Pioneer the way out."
When Kcris gets downstairs, she looks for Jeena everywhere. Finally, Kcris finds Jeena standing at the parking exit while smoking a cigarette.
"Why did you run away, Jeena?"